9 TV Show Characters Who Deserved Better

Whether it be out of character writing or an unfair death, these characters deserved better endings.

743
wikimedia commons

I am a big TV show enthusiast. I can spend hours binging shows on Netflix, or dedicate an hour to a show's time slot each week. There is nothing quite like falling in love with a show and connecting with their characters.

When our favorites feel pain, so do we. When our favorites are happy, then we are happy. So when it is time for a show to end or a certain characters' story is concluded, sometimes the writers do a good job and give the characters justice.

Other times...not so much. I created a list of TV show characters who got a terrible ending and did not deserve it. Whether it be out of character writing or an unfair death, here are characters who deserved better.

1. Allison Argent (Teen Wolf)

Of course, she is at the top of this list. There is nothing I love more than a strong and bad ass female lead. She died to save her friends but I really wish her story did not end here. Her loss was a loss of Teen Wolf's pack, and she deserved so much more than this ending.

2. Stefan Salvatore (The Vampire Diaries)

The award of "Most Robbed Character in TV history" goes too... Stefan. Hands down. The Vampire Diaries was HIS show, and after 8 long seasons, the writers wrote him off in a horrible way. I will never not be bitter about his ending. #JusticeForStefan

3. Cheryl Blossom (Riverdale)

At first glance, the character that is Cheryl Blossom can seem eerie, mean, and a bit harsh. But it is always the characters that have hard edges that have a soft, broken side to them. After her brother was killed by her own father, how could she not be savage at times?

4. Hannah Baker (13 Reasons Why)

Is this not an obvious choice for this list? The show caused tons of controversy after following the life of a teenage girl who committed suicide and showing the events that led to her death. To say she deserved better is an understatement, but I hope this show changes people's minds about bullying.

5. Nate Archibald (Gossip Girl)

An oldie but goodie. Nate Archibald: the golden boy of the Gossip Girl universe. Not only was he ALWAYS out of the loop and confused whenever things would go down, but his finale was lacking. It seems like every character got a happy ending except him. My poor sad puppy.

6. Poussey Washington (Orange is the New Black)

I still cry over Poussey and my heart still aches. This show always pushes the boundaries and makes me think in new ways, and her ending did that for sure. I felt for everyone affected and it made me want to take action in today's world.

7. Bonnie Bennett (The Vampire Diaries)

Okay so are we ever going to talk about Bonnie's ending? Season after season, she constantly sacrificed herself (and sometimes her own life... more than once... this is The Vampire Diaries after all) for her friends, and she got the season finale in return. SO unfair for such a sunshine.

8. Michael Cordero (Jane the Virgin)

OUCH, THIS HURTS. Michael's death was unexpected and shocking. His character brought such warmth and kindness to the show that I am still missing it to this day. The show made me feel like I lost someone as well. #MichaelDeservedBetter

9. Finn Hudson (Glee)

What an unfair ending for the show AND in real life. A humble and sweet character and person both lost. I cried enough at the memorial episode that I could fill up the Atlantic Ocean. We would all have loved to see Finn and Cory have a happy ending.

From Your Site Articles