9 Things Incoming Freshmen Can't Learn About Mississippi State On A Zoom Call This Fall

Sincerely,

a rising senior.

169
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBmInwilv-s/

There is so much to learn, but some of it can only be learned through experience! Below are just a couple of things I have learned over the years that will benefit you to know coming into your first year.

When advising opens up, you better sign up ASAP!

Slots fill fast and the sooner you go to advising, the better!

When your registration time comes, make sure to be on right then. 

Sometimes it comes down to the minutes when registering for classes, especially your freshman year.

Each dining hall has their own personalities. 

Fresh Market is the greatest of all times, while the Perry excels in breakfast. The Templeton is the expensive but delicious place that all the athletes eat at. Also, don't forget the PODS, you can make delicious meals from the PODS.

If you are on campus past 5:05 p.m., you aren't going anywhere very fast for about 20 minutes. 

If you are on campus and going somewhere on campus, its best to walk. If you are off-campus trying to get on campus, avoid the main roads and go back ways if you can. If you are on-campus and trying to get off campus, good luck so is everybody else.

If you have a meal plan and haven't used a block meal that day, you can use a block meal instead of flex after 4 pm. 

This is the greatest things Mississippi State Dining Services has ever created. It comes in handy. Also, if you get a sandwich, chips, and a drink from the pod after 4 pm, it can count as a block meal as well.

The three flights of stairs to the top of Old Main are NOT EASY AT ALL. 

I do not care who you are but every single person is winded after climbing those stairs. It would take me 5 minutes of slow breathing to catch my breath because I can't be that girl that sits at the top of the stairs WEEZING. I have done so before though.

The S.M.A.R.T. greek bus will turn ninety degrees with you standing up, but you can bet your bottom dollar you'll make it to your 9 am class. 

My suggestion is to hold on and say thank you when you get off.

If you have a class in Allen Hall be prepared for skinny hallways and very small desks.

I wouldn't say i'm the smallest girl in the world, I am pretty average but I don't fit in the desks and getting hit in the shoulder with other shoulders isn't fun.

The top floor of the library is for the people who want to study hard, and the lower floors are for group projects and goofing off. 

If you laugh on the top floor, run.