9 Things You'll Find Hidden In A Messy Room

Yes, there's actually a floor to my room.

2802
Google

Having a messy room is more of a lifestyle choice than anything else. You have to really commit to having a room that has seemingly no floor under your piles of unfolded laundry, dirty socks, and whatever else you pushed off your bed to make enough room for your true bae, Netflix and a medium Domino's pizza.

People in this lifestyle have accepted that they will be mocked by their friends for the current disaster living in their rooms, they won't always have a right and a left shoe, and getting ready takes so long because it's so hard to walk from your bed to where the clothes pile is that day. But, there are those days where everything seems weird, almost as if you're living in a wormhole and that messy friend cleans their room. If they haven't shared this with you, this is what they'll find in there:

1. The left shoe.

The elusive left shoe! That shoe has been "gone" for months and the cleaner had given up all hopes in finding it, but viola! It reappears under clothes that have been untouched since the weather broke 50 degrees. Awkward how that shoe was a flip flop, why was your friend wearing a flip flop in tundra weather conditions?

2. Cheesy mom gifts.

If your messy friend's mom is anything like my mom, this rings true. My mom likes to get me cute things she thinks I'll love forever and keep safe, but in reality the BFF ring she bought me was placed on my desk and then forgotten about. There was a BFF ring along with a peace stone (a rock with a peace sign on it), a heart pendant type thing, and a "Mommy's #1 Girl!" pin. No pictures are attached here to spare me of the embarrassment that my mom got cheetah print instead of zebra print for the lettering in my pin.

3. Scarfs, gloves, hats, and other warm things.

Yeah so the messy friend knows they have winter appropriate accessories, they even wore them like twice in the beginning of winter. After the second wear, those accessories were placed somewhere in the mess and forgotten about and the messy friend smiled through the arctic air bare-necked and begging for cracked knuckles from the cold. Now that they finally decided to straighten up a little, they found them again! Just in time for July... well winter is vastly approaching.

4. That shirt they accused you of losing.

Those totally passive aggressive remarks of, "Wow i wish I had my purple shirt with the cut outs in the back to wear tonight. You know the one I mean, right? The one that I lent you." The apology texts hit your phone immediately and you both laugh at how hopelessly lost everything in that room is.

5. Money.

Seriously, there's major money in that mess. Loose dollars in stray pockets add up and eventually, your messy friend has enough money to treat the whole squad.

6. The other left shoe.

It's hard to keep track of all those shoes, cut your friend some slack.

7. The birthday card they meant to send their mom.

You both went to CVS and debated if getting their mom a $5 card really was even worth it because $5 goes a long way. Ultimately, the card was purchased, signed, and then lost in the mess. They could either put it in the mail now 7 months late, or just wait for next year.

8. Headphones for the whole squad.

If anything is easier than your keys to lose, it would be headphones. Speaking from experience, when I can't find them after looking for more than 10 minutes, I go and get a new pair. After cleaning their room, a messy person can find anywhere from one pair to like five pairs of headphones.

9. Jewelry.

In a sea of clothes like sweaters, jackets, shirts, pants, and shorts, little bracelets, earrings, necklaces, rings, and watches will be so covered it's almost as if they never existed. Once the clothes pile is cleared from the desk where the hair stuff is, it's unbelievable how many accessories your messy friend actually owns. She strolls into Starbs the next day with a wrist full of Alex and Ani's and everyone thinks she robbed a store.

The point is, having a messy room is kind of like having a lot of mini buried treasures. When someone with a messy room says they're going to clean it, that's when you get ready to say bye to that friend for at least a day and prepare yourself to see them in essentially new clothes the next day. Before you mock them, think of their joy and surprise when they find their belongings under their piles of crap.