9 Signs You've Found The One

9 Signs You've Found The One

Your life is now complete.

56
9 Signs You've Found The One

Sorry, this isn't going to be some dreamy Disney inspired guide to knowing you've found the person you'll marry and spend the rest of your life with. In fact, this doesn't have to do with romantic partners at all. This is about the (in my opinion) much more important "one"—a best friend. Now, I don't believe that there is only one "one" in a person's life, in fact you may even have more than one person who fits the description at the same time. But, no matter how many "the one"s you have, they probably all have some things in common.

1. When you hear the phrase "best friend," they're the first person to pop into your head.

It doesn't even matter if someone is talking about you having a best friend, you hear someone say "best friend" and *bam* their face pops into your head and you get a little excited just knowing they're your best friend. You know that this person is without a doubt your best friend, so it's only logical that their would be some word association going on there.

2. You know that they consider you to be a best friend as well.

This one can be kind of tricky, because unless you can read minds it's probably fair to assume you don't actually have hardcore proof that you are your best friend's best friend. But, usually you can at least have some idea if someone considers you to be their best friend. Now, if you consider someone to be your best friend but they don't consider you to be one of theirs, they're probably not your one.

3. You can't imagine spending late, emotional nights with anyone else.

Everybody needs someone they can cry (and laugh) with late at night and when you've found the one there is always someone to go to on emotional nights. Some jerk break your heart? They're there. Did the most embarrassing thing today and aren't sure you can ever show your face to the world again? They're there. Need a night to watch chick flicks and laugh until you cry? They're there.

4. Their family has become your family.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Need some adult advice that is not from your own parents? You know you can call their parents any time. Need someone to spend a holiday with when you can't get home to your family? You know you're always welcome with your friend's family. Traveling and need someone to stay with? If they have family in the area, you know you're good to go.

5. They know all your secrets.

Every stupid thing you did in high school, every person you liked, every person who liked you, every dream you've had, and all your family drama - they know it. Pretty much, if you ever needed someone to write a tell-all about your life, they would be the perfect author.

6. You're boundaries are pretty nonexistent.

Need someone to talk to at 3 a.m.? They'll answer, they might not be fully awake, but they'll listen. Need a second opinion on something weird and/or disgusting going on with your body? They'll Web MD it for you, and they'll tell you your death is most likely imminent. Sometimes your closeness freaks other people out, but you don't really care.

7. You spend A LOT of time together.

Now, if you don't live near each other this may differ a little bit. But, when you are together you can spend hours, possibly even days, just hanging out without getting sick of one another. If you live near each other, you're practically inseparable; in fact, you spend so much time with them it almost feels lonely when they're not around.

8. People have assumed you're either related or in a relationship.

Because you know so much about each other and spend so much time together, people will likely assume you are more than just best friends. Honestly, if someone isn't questioning your relationship they're probably not "the one".

9. You're life will never be complete without them.

You may have had a time in your life when this best friend wasn't a part of your life, but for now, and possibly forever, you need them in your life. There will be times where you may fight or disagree on something, but you will always come back to each other. At the end of the day you know this person is your "one" and you love them like crazy.