21 Signs You're Obsessed With Your Best Friend
popular

Is it weird that I made 21 signs because it's my best friends favorite number?

11896
Maddie Woodruff
“A true best friend loves you even when it seems like you've gone off the deep end.”
- Liz Fenton, The Status of All Things

Everyone has something that they are obsessed with, my obsession happens to be my best friend. She is the person I talk to all day long. The person that yells through the walls, and texts me from our beds when there is only a wall between us. And she is the person who holds my hand and supports me every single day in no matter what I do. I truly believe that we all need that best friend that is going to make sure you are never alone, and who knows you better than you know yourself.

So if you're anything like my best friend and me, here are 21 signs that you may be obsessed with your best friend.

1. "What happens when you're not together?" "I'm texting her, duh."

Every time I go home to visit my parents my mom asks me this question. There is not a moment when my best friend and I are not talking.

2. You send each other pictures constantly.

Need help picking out your outfit? Saw a cute boy in class? Can't believe the text message you just received? You bet your best friend is getting a picture sent to her.

3. When you show up without your best friend, people instantly ask where they are.

Everyone you hang out with knows that the two of you are a package deal, so if one of you shows up without the other, people are in shock and wondering where your other half is. You also make sure she know's she isn't allowed to go out without you because no one will look out for her like you.

4. You sign each other's name on things.

I'm so obsessed with my best friend, that when I made her a Valentine's Day card I accidently signed her name instead of mine. I wish I was lying.

5. You talk about one another more than anything else.

You talk about your best friend so much, everyone you come into contact with feels like they already know her.

6. People call you each other's name.

You spend so much time together, that soon your other friends and even sometimes your family members will call you by your best friends name.

7. When you're fighting with someone, you "go to the bathroom" so you can text each other all the details.

Whether it's another one of your friends, a family member, your parents, or your significant other, sometimes you just need to "go to the bathroom" to take a break from the argument and give your best friend a text about exactly what is going on.

8. You're incapable of making decisions without one another.

Every decision you make is made together. Before going out, you ask what each other is wearing so you know whether or not you're looking hot or homeless. Before sending a text, you ask if it's too soon or too much. Whatever the case may be, you make your decisions together.

9. You secretly try to outdo the other's significant other to prove you actually love them most.

You know that even though her significant other may be in love with her and want to spend their life with her, but you still have to make sure it's clear you love her most.

10. You buy her things you know you want or need.

When going shopping for groceries or "for fun", if you see something you know she either wants or needs, you'll end up throwing it in the cart.

11. You come up with ridiculous plans or ideas together.

Some days you decide to go to the store and buy nine different kinds of tea and then making every single kind before trying them together. And other days you decide to make a competition out of everything.

12. You look for the perfect guy for her when she's single that you know will treat her right.

You know your best friend better than anyone else so you know what she wants and what she deserves even if she doesn't. So you will look for the perfect guy for her and make sure he knows that if he doesn't treat her right, he'll have to answer to her.

13. You take each other to the doctor.

You know that she is capable of taking herself or anyone else could take her, but you will insist on taking her yourself anyway.

14. You have dance parties in the kitchen.

Sometimes you're wine drunk and other times you need to just dance it out.

15. You text each other when you go to the bathroom because even two minutes is too long to not be talking.

Even though you know the other is simply going to the bathroom or sitting across the room, you will text her.

16. Your significant other know's how important your best friend is to you.

Your significant other knows that nothing is kept a secret from your best friend and that your best friend comes first. Even if you're on a romantic date, if your best friend texts you that she needs you, he doesn't even ask if you need to leave.

17. Potential significant other's don't even worry about your dad because they know that your best friend will be the one to hurt them if he hurts you.

You spend so much time with her that potential significant other's know that your best friend will know everything, and will go out of her way to threaten them. They know if someone hurts you or your best friend, it will be the best friend you'll be running from.

18. You miss each other when you're not together.

And you make sure each other know's it.

19. You know that no matter what happens in your life, she will always have your back.

Whether or not your relationship works out with your significant other. Whether or not you pass a test. Or if you feel like life is kicking you while you're already down, you and your best friend always have each other's back.

20. You love her even when she can't love herself.

Best friends see one another at their most vulnerable moments. They can see your true beauty even when you can't. You will always love one another even when you can't love yourself.

21. And you know that the two of you are one another's true soulmate.

Sorry boys, I already found my soulmate in my best friend.

I want to say thank you to all the best friends out there who can admit they are obsessed with their best friend. We may check Find My Friends, multiple times a day in order to always know where our best friend is at, but that's just because we want to know where she is in case she needs you. And I don't know about you guys, but I know no one will ever love me as much as my best friend does.