9 Signs You Grew Up In Toledo Ohio

9 Signs You Grew Up In Toledo Ohio

Toledo, Ohio is like no other. It's one of a kind and you wouldn't want it any other way.

434
9 Signs You Grew Up In Toledo Ohio
ics4atm.com

Living in Ohio means there aren't that many big cities to live in. There's basically a few big cities surrounded by a bunch of suburbs with small rural cities scattered in between. I grew up in Toledo, Ohio and trust me it was a very interesting place to grow up. It's also a very unique place to grow up in the sense that there are things in Toledo that only people in Toledo know about.

1. Balance Grille

This was the hardest thing to say goodbye to when I left for school. I really miss the Bang Bang tacos and the creamy wantons. I cannot forget about the bubble tea either. I really want them to start expanding their franchise because I crave Balance all the time and no one ever understands why. The first thing I am doing when I get home for fall break this week is going to Balance and getting a bowl and a chocolate milk bubble tea.

2. Construction EVERYWHERE

Honestly, there probably isn't a street that doesn't have construction on it. It makes getting anywhere in the city a huge pain especially if you want to use the expressway. If you need to get somewhere in the middle of rush hour, good luck because chances are the expressway is backed up and the back roads are just as bad. It also doesn't help when there are accidents everywhere because of it.

3. Toledo Museum of Art

You've definitely been to the art museum at least once if not more than once. It's a popular spot for dates and it's definitely a hot spot for prom pictures. The marble entryway is key to a good dance photo. The exhibits they bring in as well are world class and the fact that the city has access to culture like this is fantastic. I also love the fun exhibits they bring in, such as the sneaker exhibit and playground exhibits.

4. The Toledo Zoo

Even if you don't live in Toledo chances are you know about the Toledo Zoo. Most kids go to the zoo at least once for a field trip and there isn't anything better than that. Plus, the Lights Before Christmas is goals when it comes to dates during the holiday season. You dream about going there and taking a photo in front of the big tree.

5. Being 20 minutes from anywhere in the surrounding areas

Toledo is surrounded by so many suburbs that you're basically 20 minutes away from anything and anyone. You have friends that live in Sylvania but you're from Maumee, you're 20 minutes away. It's one of the greatest things ever but it's hard when there's construction around.

6. Tony Packo's

Tony Packo's is the bomb. Honestly it is nationally known and it is well deserved. Katie Holmes' mom sends her Tony Packo's in care packages because she misses it that much. I love their meat sauce that you can put on hot dogs but nothing can beat being in the restaurant.

7. Mud Hens and Walleye Games

Toledo is home to great sports teams whether it be high school or professional. You spend the winter months in the Huntington Center supporting the Walleyes and then you spend summer days at Fifth Third Field rooting for your Mud Hens. These teams are your boys and you wouldn't want it any other way.

8. Restaurants on literally every corner

Toledo actually does have a lot of restaurants. We have the most restaurants per capita and it can be physically seen. There are numerous Applebee's, Chik-Fil-A's, Tim Hortons and many more. Toledo is also home to many unique restaurants that aer only local to Toledo. There is definitely a restaurant for anyone that wants basically anything. Whatever you're craving, there is probably one or two restaurants for what you're craving.

9. This is Home

Since this is a relatively new commercial it's hard to say that I grew up with it. The commercial is so true and while most people would hate to admit it, Toledo is home and we wouldn't want it any other way. The 419 is and always will be part of my home.