9 Restaurants To Try In And Around Charlotte

Eeeeats.

14

If you live in Charlotte, or you're just visiting, these restaurants should definitely be on your list to try. Some of them are pretty well know, and others not as much. Regardless, you won't be disappointed if you give them a go.

1. Chopt

Even if you’re not a veggie-lovin’ individual, the salad’s at this place will blow your mind. They have pre-made salad options if you’re not feeling creative but the selection of toppings and types of lettuces are so extensive, you can pretty much create whatever you want. And the best part is that it’s healthy!

2. Tupelo Honey

Even though the original restaurant is in Asheville, this one is still the bomb. They’ve got shrimp, burgers, BBQ, grilled chicken and so much more. Not to mention the mac and cheese is absolutely fantastic so if you’re feeling like some good southern comfort food then head over there.

3. Basil Thai

This is a chain, like Tupelo Honey, but that doesn’t even matter. Pad-see-u, pad thai, chicken fried rice. You may not be able to pronounce half the dishes on the menu but, who cares, they taste delicious.

4. Bricktops

The dinner and appetizers here aren’t anything spectacular to be honest. However, the chocolate chip cookie skillet is to die for. I’m talking warm, gooey, caramel cookie with melting vanilla ice cream on top. If you want a good dessert then go there, even if you don’t actually eat dinner there.

5. Cabo Fish Taco

Google’s description of this place says “hipster-friendly.” Yeah whatever, it’s basically just a casual place that serves awesome tacos, burritos, and margaritas that you can show up to in ripped jeans and a sweatshirt if that’s what you’re feeling.

6. Amelie's

Dessert, tea, coffee, sandwiches. 24 hours a day, seven days a week. I won’t say anything else.

7. Open Kitchen

I only know about this place because on of my friends works there, but it’s a great neighborhood Italian restaurant that’s got the cheesiest pasta and best garlic bread ever. Eat pasta, run fasta’.

8. The Common Market

Located in Plaza Midwood (there’s also another one on Tryon Street), this place has got live music, cool food and an awesome atmosphere. Hipsters welcome.

9. Mac's Speed Shop

This BBQ may be better than the stuff I told you about from Tupelo Honey. It’s got a really cool vibe with bikers, families, and all other people. It’s super casual and they even have a delicious brownie sundae for dessert.