9 Reasons To Get Hyped For #LYCOHOCO

9 Reasons To Get Hyped For #LYCOHOCO

With all of the events happening, it's hard to be bored.

26
9 Reasons To Get Hyped For #LYCOHOCO
Dawn Reed

Lycoming College has a handful of traditions that are unique to its campus--as any small, private, liberal arts college should. Many of these traditions have been passed down through the years; often, generations of Lycoming graduates get to experience the same traditions as their older siblings, aunts/uncles or parents. One of the most anticipated events of the fall is Homecoming.

At Lyco, Homecoming isn't only just a weekend, and it's not only about returning alumni. Student Senate plans all year for homecoming to ensure that Hoco week is jammed packed with fun and exciting events.

Since #LYCOHOCO starts this week, I thought that I would give a run-down of all the great events and things to get excited about.

1. Flag Football

We kick off LYCOHOCO on Monday night with flag football! This is a new event but it's sure to be a ton of fun! We like to get competitive so be sure to bring your game faces and some friends to cheer you on!

2. Lyco's Got Talent

What better way to spend your Tuesday evening than to watch your peers demonstrate their awesome talents? Typically, the talent show is in the chapel but this year it is being hosted on the quad for a nice change of scenery.

3. Hall Crawl

Tired of caf food? Have a few extra dollars in change? Come out to College Place on Wednesday for Hall Crawl! What is hall crawl you ask? Imagine College Place lined with tables on either side with clubs and organizations selling tons of delicious treats and beverages. Come for a few minutes or stay for an hour, just make sure to bring a few dollars!

4. Ice Cream Eating Contest

Free after Hall crawl? Or maybe you just want to procrastinate on homework a little while longer. Whatever the reason, join us on the quad after Hall crawl and watch your peers compete in an epic ice cream eating contest. Sound like a breeze? Think again. Those competing must finish their ice cream using nothing but their mouths. You heard right; no utensils, no hands. I hope that no one has sensitive teeth!

5. Glow in the Dark Paint Wrestling

I feel like this is self explanatory. Come to the quad Thursday evening in old clothes with friends and enjoy getting covered in glow in the dark paint under the blacklights! This an event that is sure to light up your night. (Haha.)

6. Bonfire and live music

Come out to the quad on Friday night for a huge bonfire, snacks and live music!

7. Free swag!

One phrase college students all over the country love to hear: Free Stuff! Each night Student Senate will be giving away free Hoco swag including foam fingers, rally towels, cups and more! Each night they will be giving out something different so make sure you come to each event!

8. Free food!

There is free food and beverages at every event. Need I say more?

9. Hoco Parade

Right before the football game on Saturday there will be a parade starting at College Place and ending at the football stadium. The parade includes floats from different clubs and organizations and the Homecoming court will be riding in convertibles. It is a great way to get pumped for the game!

Come out to some events and have some fun! LYCOHOCO only happens once a year so make the best of it!