9 Reasons to Sit with you Best Friend for Hours

Having that someone to talk to can make all the difference

1079
International Business Times

To me, having someone I can talk to about anything to is one of the most important things. For me, it's my best friend. I'm fairly certain that I could tell him anything and he'd never judge me for it. Okay, he might judge me, but he always judges out of love (and that goes vice versa as well). Here are my top nine reasons why I love to be able to sit down and talk for hours with someone I trust so much.

1. We may judge each other, but we do it out of love.

Like I said before, we can always trust each other to support one another. No matter how bad something is, we'll always have each other. And, let's face it, we're best friends because we put up with the other judging us. He judged me for binge watching Shadowhunter's in a few days. And I judged him for asking me, "What's that dust that comes off when you saw?" I'd say we're even.

2. He's someone who genuinely wants to know how my day was.

3. Our conversations are like a game of Chain Reaction that only we understand.

We spend a lot of time asking ourselves how we got from one topic from the other. For example: connect Glee to Lost. Naturally, you'd think it's because they're both TV shows when actually, it's because both shows have characters that just disappear without explanation.

4. He's someone to obsess over the same things with.

Whether it's TV shows, celebrities, movies, books, theatre, or anything else, we both can go on and on about how wonderful something or someone is. It gets to the point where I do wonder if we're still talking in a way that anyone else would understand what we're saying and talking about. There's a 90% chance we're obsessing over Hamilton, Jonathan Groff, or all of the above.

5. The puns and word mashups are endless.

He says them all the time. I've gotten to the point where I just nod and agree with them. But, I do love them.

6. We can look at each other and know exactly what the other is thinking.

7. When we say "that time with the thing... and the thing..."

...there's a 95.7% chance of actually knowing what the time with the thing is.

8. We're each others parabatai

It's a Shadowhunters thing, meaning that we're more than like 'brothers' or best friends. It goes deeper than that: it's as if we're on the same wavelength.

9. We know exactly how to make the other smile.

This may be the most important reason of them all. Being able to make the other feel better and happy is something that I'm the most thankful for.

I can also bet that the fact that this list is of nine things (an uneven number) is quietly upsetting him, but he'd never admit to it.