9 Reasons You Should Be Hyped To Go Back To College

Just a few reminders of all you have to look forward to.

18
Madison Frilot

If you’re anything like me, while parts of you are ready to head back to school, you aren’t totally looking forward to it. You are probably nervous and anxious at times to be leaving the comfort of home once agin. However, that being said, there are a lot of things to look forward to getting back to. Here is a list of a few to keep in mind to ease your nerves and hype you up.

1. Ride-or-dies

It’s been great seeing your friends from home and catching up, but how could you not miss your friends from college? It’s starting to feel all too much like high school all over again and you are starting to remember why you were once so eager to leave. It creeps you out at times and you’re ready to get away.

2. Free Stuff

Although you know you’ll miss the free washer and dryer that your house has to offer, you sure are excited to get back to your naturally frugal lifestyle. You’re ready to stop paying for gas and food, bridge tolls and ice cream. Bring me back to the land of free t-shirts and water bottles!

3. Partaaay

Although you certainly needed a break from the beer soaked floors of frat houses, you can’t help but reminisce going out with your buds every weekend and planning your next adventure.

4. Free Membership to a Hot Bod

You didn’t realize how incredible it was to have a gym located super close to you, one that you didn't even have to pay out of pocket for. Aren’t you ready to get back in shape and burn off all those Christmas cookies? I sure am.

5. D-Hall

Although you complained endlessly while you were at school, being home has reminded you that you not only kind of suck at cooking, but you also enjoyed the ease of being able to pick up a plate of ready-made food, even if it is subpar.

6. Not Having to do Dishes

Another side-effect of cooking is the cleaning that comes after… You forgot how nice it was to not have to spend your time and delicate skin on washing dishes. How could you not miss the soapy conveyor belt that took away your dirty plates and all of your worries?

7. Learning and Stuff

Although you’re probably somewhat reluctant to admit it, learning was pretty cool too. Plus, you might even be looking forward to your schedule next semester which is hopefully filled with a bunch of interesting classes that excite you.

8. The Hustle and Bustle

You are tired of being lazy! By now you have certainly caught up on your sleep (and then some), and you’re ready to get back to the hustle and bustle of your college routine.

9. Independence

It’s been great going back to the normalcy of home, but you must admit that you’re tired of following all the rules. College seems like a distant land of autonomy and self-determination which you are so ready to get back to. You can’t wait to be back on your own, self-made schedule without the policing of your parents or needy siblings.