9 Reasons I Miss Kansas City

9 Reasons I Miss Kansas City

KC is the place to be.

131
9 Reasons I Miss Kansas City

Now that I'm living in a different city, I've realized that my pride for my hometown is too real. Kansas City is the place to be, and I miss living there more than anything. Here are just a few reasons why I miss KC.

1. BBQ

I'm not particularly fond of barbecue, but man oh man, if you give me some barbecue from Kansas City, I'll eat it. You don't know barbecue until you've been in KC.

2. Sports

Chiefs, Royals, Sporting KC, you name it. Sports games in Kansas City are like no other. The fans are crazy passionate whether our team is first or last, and that is something that I would not trade for the world.

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F11%2F01%2F636135671822460299-20414514_jarrod-dyson-gif.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=714&h=8800d2c35c7d5ff5e763359c32d13840ac2d869c3db3da63f535030586f94dce&size=980x&c=2653193287 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F11%252F01%252F636135671822460299-20414514_jarrod-dyson-gif.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D714%26h%3D8800d2c35c7d5ff5e763359c32d13840ac2d869c3db3da63f535030586f94dce%26size%3D980x%26c%3D2653193287%22%7D" expand=1]

3. Ward Parkway

This sounds weird, but I didn't realize how much I would take driving on Ward Parkway for granted.

4. Plaza

The Kansas City Country Club Plaza is one of the best places. From spending every weekend there in seventh grade, to seeing the mass mayhem from Pokemon Go, the plaza is a key element to the city for all ages. Also, lets not forget how pretty it is during Christmas season.

5. Loose Park

I did not realize how awesome Loose Park was until too soon before I left. Grabbing a blanket and a few friends and going to Loose is a great way to relax.

6. St. Teresa's Academy

Shoutout to my home girls at the Academy. Miss you all every day.

7. KC Pride

Part of the reason I miss Kansas City is the insane pride that Kansas Citians have. Even though sometimes there is division, whether you are from Kansas City, Missouri (KCMO) or Kansas City, Kansas (KCK) you love your city like no other.

8. Winsteads

Winsteads is not just a "fast-food joint". It is a classic restaurant with a classic burger. "We're having fun the Winsteads way."

9. Home

Home [Kansas City]: a place where your feet may leave, but your heart will always be.