9 Michael Scott Quotes That Describe My Mood Exactly

"I'm not superstitious, but I'm a little stitious."

799
NBC.com

There will never be a greater boss than Michael Scott. Although the majority of the things he said and did were completely inappropriate, being manager of the Scranton branch of Dunder Mifflin Paper Company always came easy to him. Whether he was sleeping with his boss or doing "parkour" with his employees, he exemplified many characteristics of being a natural-born leader.

Here are a few times that Michael said it just right:

1) "Toby is in HR, which technically means he works for corporate, so he's really not a part of our family. Also, he's divorced, so he's really not a part of his family."

2) "A gentleman does not kiss and tell. And neither do I."

3) "Sometimes you have to take a break from being the kind of boss that's always trying to teach people things. Sometimes you just have to be the boss of dancing."

4) "Dwight, you ignorant slut."

5) "Sometimes I'll start a sentence, and I don't even know where it's going. I just hope I find it along the way. Like an improv conversation. An improversation."

6) "Abraham Lincoln once said that "If you're a racist, I will attack you with the North" and these are the principles I carry with me in the workplace."

7) "Listen, I like kids, but this is not a kids environment. This is like HBO. No limits. Who knows what I'm gonna say? Crazy stuff and it is R-rated. It is not rated G. I'm like Eddie Murphy in Raw and they are trying to make me into Eddie Murphy in Daddy Daycare. Both great movies, but still."

8) "This is our receptionist, Pam. If you think she's cute now, you should have seen her a couple years ago."

9) "People will never be replaced by machines. In the end, life and business are about human connections. And computers are about trying to murder you in a lake. And to me the choice is easy."

As you can probably tell, The Office is one my favorite TV shows. What I've come to realize is that a lot of the things we laugh at in the show are things that we wish would happen in our own lives. Michael, through unorthodox methods, always kept things interesting at Dunder Mifflin. Whether it was hosting the Dundies, hitting employees with his car, or organizing terrible office retreats, you could always count on Michael to be the kind of boss we all wanted.