9 Flawless Post-Hardcore Albums

9 Flawless Post-Hardcore Albums

It's not easy to make a flawless album, but these bands made it a reality.

222
9 Flawless Post-Hardcore Albums
William Hook

There are plenty of albums that I love enough to own, but most of the time I find at least one problem track that just doesn’t fit amongst the others. I can count on my hands the albums that that I am completely satisfied with and can listen to on repeat without ever hitting skip and never getting tired of it. These are the albums that shaped my taste in music and will continue to be playing in my speakers for the rest of my life.

Number[s] - Woe, Is Me

I have a pretty strong emotional connection to this album, as it was the first album I learned every single word (including heavy vocals) to. Not to mention, it sparked mine (and every other fifteen year old girl’s) love for Tyler Carter. Emotional connections aside, the blend of heavy music and r&b inspired vocals made this album a game-changer.

Homesick - A Day To Remember

Between all of the iconic breakdowns and a perfect balance between hard and soft, Homesick is easily the best A Day To Remember album released to date. I’d be very surprised to find out any fan of this music genre does not include Homesick in their list of top albums.

Collide With the Sky - Pierce the Veil

Even though Pierce the Veil is easily my favorite band of all time because of all the emotional attachments I’ve formed to their music over the years, I only included one album on this list for a reason. Selfish Machines is a close runner-up, but Collide With the Sky is a much better album vocally. Having Jason Butler featured on the album really was the icing on the cake.

Sempiternal - Bring Me The Horizon

I get so much crap for thinking this is such a great album, but honestly, it was hard for me to get on board with Bring Me the Horizon prior to this album. I think Oli Sykes is a much better clean vocalist.

Attack Attack - Attack Attack

Attack Attack’s self-titled album will always be one of my favorites, even after so many years of them being broken up. At the time of its release, it was a very controversial album due to the fact that it was completely different from anything they released before, but changing it up was probably the best decision Attack Attack could have ever done.

Restoring Force - Of Mice & Men

I love Shayley as a vocalist, but I think Of Mice & Men’s sound greatly improved once Aaron Pauley was brought into the mix.

The Hollow - Memphis May Fire

Every track on the album contributes to a theme throughout the entire album. I love the way that each track comes together to tell a story. There will never be another album that Memphis May Fire puts together that is on the same level as The Hollow.

Sick - Beartooth

I contemplated not including this album in my list because of Caleb Shomo’s presence on the Attack Attack self-titled album, but this album is just way too good to be left off. We really got to see inside every aspect of Caleb’s mind and musical ability, considering he wrote the album almost completely on his own. I love how vulnerable and real this album is.

Treehouse - I See Stars

Out of all the albums I listed, I feel as if this one sticks out from the rest. Once I put the cd in my car and listened to it on repeat during a couple long drives on my own, I fell in love. Treehouse has a one-of-a-kind sound, and there is at least one line of every track that hits home.

Now that I’ve told you my opinion on my idea of a flawless album, I’m curious to know what yours are. Comment with your opinions on albums I should have left out, or should have included.