9 Things Bethel Student Recognize About Mckenzie

What's that Miranda Lambert song... Famous in a Small Town?

237
www.tn-roots.com

When I finally got the chance to leave my small hometown to come to college, what did I decide to do? I chose to come to an even smaller town. Mckenzie, TN is now where I reside for about nine months out of the year. Here are a few things that students of Bethel University know all to well about Mckenzie:

1. There isn't a whole lot going on in Mckenzie... but that's ok!

Some college students have to worry about safety on their college campus and in their college town. In Mckenzie, our biggest worry is safety from the next Snowpocalypse. For the most part, Mckenzie is a super safe, small knit community to be involved in.

2. Watch out for speed cameras!

Most college students found out either the easy way or the hard way about the cameras in town. Some of us came from towns that didn't really have cameras like this, so when that first flash went off we called home with a long face to tell mom and dad.

3. Sonic is a madhouse during Happy Hour!

When you mix half-price and college students, you are going to have a crowd.

4. Don't expect to get ice cream from Mcdonald's after 11 p.m.

Actually, don't really expect ice cream at all after 11 p.m. because everything else is closed.

5. When you hear about Haunted Stories of Butterfly Bridge.

When I heard about the creepy story of Butterfly Bridge, it definitely freaked me out a little.

6. MOM's and the Antique Mall is a great way to kill time and find awesome things for the dorm room.

Great things at both places if you're into vintage or just oddball stuff.

7. Being 20 mins from the closest Walmart.

Definitely a struggle to not have Walmart at your fingertips.

8. When you spend a couple hours driving around on back roads just for fun.

Mckenzie definitely has some interesting back roads to ride around on.

9. Monday-Friday from 3 - 6 p.m. parking on the square is not possible.

Only because the amazing Renaissance Program is rehearsing.

No matter how small Mckenzie it is, it's a great college town... or excuse me a town with a college in it, it's a fun, safe place to attend college.