9 Of The Best Lip Balms I Have Tried

9 Of The Best Lip Balms I Have Tried

We all have our go-tos, I have 9.

12
9 Of The Best Lip Balms I Have Tried
Bella Coronado

I have to admit I am a lip balm connoisseur. Scattered around my bedroom are multiple balms in multiple scents. As someone with constantly dry lips, it has become my goal to find the perfect lip balm. I have grown to decipher what's good and what doesn't work. My case is that the perfect lip balm doesn't exist, simply because there are so many to choose from. The following balms are tried and true, well-loved products of mine, ones that I know will always save me as the dryer seasons creep up.

1. Bite Beauty's Agave Lip Mask.

This lip mask is what got me through last Winter. It is thick, buttery, soothing, and it smells so good. It is best to lather on at night, but it can also be worn out in the daytime. It comes in a variety of scents and colors. My favorite scent is lavender.

2. Burts Bees Tinted Lip Balm. 

This version of the classic beeswax chapstick is by far better than the original. Coming in 6 different colors, it leaves a subtle tint on the lips while also keeping them moisturized all day. Its unique scent and buttery texture make it my favorite for day to day wear, and as an alternative to lipstick.

3. Glossier Balm Dotcom. 

I was curious if the $12 tube of lip balm was worth the hype, but now I am here to tell you, it is. Balm Dotcom comes in a variety of scents, flavors, and tints. With moisture lasting for hours, its glossy finish matched with subtle color makes the perfect combination for on the go application. Mango and Birthday are my favorite scents.

4. Smith's Rosebud Salve. 

I remember stealing my first tin of Smith's out of my mom's purse and loving every last drop of it. This balm has a specific scent and texture, incomparable to anything else. It is thick and buttery, leaving the slightest pink tint on the lips.

5. Caudalie Lip Conditioner. 

Caudalie is a luxurious French skincare company that never fails at providing silky smooth, lightly scented products. Their lip conditioner is a citrus dream, leaving the lips soft and smooth. The little tube of lip conditioner is probably their cheapest product and is one of my favorites when I need something light.

6. Vasiline lip therapy. 

Coming in the option of a tiny Vaseline jar or tin, this lip balm is the best therapy for overly dry lips. Its extremely thick texture provides a smooth layer of moisture lasting for a while. I like to apply it at night so I can wake up with plump, hydrated lips. The rose and cocoa butter scents are my favorite.

7. Dr. Bronner's Organic Lip Balm. 

I picked up Dr. Bronner's lip balm in peppermint on a whim, but it has been my favorite minty balm since. It resembles a basic chapstick but leaves the lips feeling tingly and medicated. Although the oily texture is not for everyone, I think it is a great organic option.

8. Aquaphor. 

Aquaphor is used as an older hack to rescue parched lips. It's actually still one of my favorites because of how easily accessible it is, and because it really works. Similar to Vaseline, it applies in a thick layer. The moister settles for a little bit, but throughout the day is absorbed into the lips, making them feel comfortable and hydrated.

9. Nivea lip care. 

As an inexpensive classic lip balm, Nivea's variety of scents and flavors are some of my most loved. The twisty tube makes for easy application and the light moisture is almost luxurious feeling.

My lip balm obsession may not be justified, but I hope to have introduced some new favorites for you. Taking care of your lips will make your days more manageable, and you might as well have some fun scents and colors too.