9 Anime GIFs That Accurately Describe My First Few Weeks of College

My life can only be summed up as a series of anime images
129

The first few weeks of college have been some of the most exciting, confusing, and humbling ones yet. I feel that there is only one way to completely and accurately express my range of experiences — through anime GIFs.

1. Auditioning for performing arts groups

This gif from Love Live! pretty much sums up all of the dance and a cappella groups that always avidly encourage new performers to audition every year. And although auditions take up quite a bit of time, they're super fun to go to and a great opportunity to make new friends.

2. Staying up late to do readings and problem sets

Takamiya Naho from Orange is actually me falling asleep in the middle of readings. I stay up so late to finish homework that I wake up a little disoriented even when I get my full eight hours.

3. Waking up and running late to class

...because you stayed up too late the night before doing homework. Usagi Tsukino (Sailor Moon), you are a seasoned veteran of running to class late daily.

4. Eating too much food at the dining halls

RoMa has really good food okay? You should have seen me on taco night with four full plates of tacos and as much delicious, savoury meat I could reasonably fit. My rate of food consumption rivals Kageyama Tobio's in Haikyuu's barbecue episode.

5. And finally eat some food that reminds you of home

My first bowl of instant ramen took my back to my lazy summer vacation days I spent at home. You can bet I ate them up in one gulp like Naruto.

6. Awkward exercising to avoid the Freshman Fifteen

This gif from Dragon Ball is a good reflection of the weird exercises I'll do in my dorm's common room. Unfortunately, the freshman fifteen is still very very real.

7. Even more awkward meetings with professors

I'm not the only person in awe of the pure genius that I get to interact with in the classroom on a daily basis, right? I get so nervous meeting these amazing, accomplished professors for the first time, that I feel as awkward as Maki Nishikino from Love Live! tripping over herself.

8. Relaxing for one day and being suddenly behind

I decided to chill for one weekend and suddenly, I found myself three units behind in all of my classes. Pikachu watering that flower is, in essence, me trying to catch up and understand just what is going on in physics class.

9. Having a really great new group of friends

But no matter how college starts for you, Princeton does a pretty good job of giving you tons of new friends through International Orientation, OA/CA trips, Zee groups, and clubs. Above is legit footage (from Spirited Away) of me and my new crew of great friends chilling in our free time.