80's music on my playlist

80's music on my playlist

music I have been listening to lately

8
80's music on my playlist

Lately I have listened to a-lot of 8o's music, there is too many songs that would fall under the category so i picked 7 random ones I have been enjoying. The songs range from power pop/punk to new wave. A-lot of the bands are British or from other European countries.

1) She Goes to Finos by The Toy Dolls: Now this one is probably the most out there of the seven...The band itself in my opinion is not very good, but I enjoy this song. The video overall has a very British feel to it and I enjoy hearing all the cockney accents and English slang. The song isn't amazing in technicality or lyrically but it is lighthearted and enjoyable. (fast pace punk from cockney England)

2) Giving me that look in your eyes by The Fans: out of all the bands on this list I probably know the least about this one, but I really appreciate the graphics done on their other albums so I started clicking around and I really liked this song. The band would fall under power pop- punk which also is very new to me. This genre was bigger in the UK and parts of Europe than here in the US. But this was one of the first songs that opened me up to this new branch of punk. Wasn't my usual song but I had exhausted a-lot of the other types of punk, even if this new branch could at times sound fairly identical to rock in roll in other bands.

3) Bible Belt Baby by The Gizmos: I came across this one when I was just plugging in different states to see if they had a punk scene ever and I never thought a state like Indiana would have one. I have been to Indiana a few times because of friends, and I always stand out as not from Indiana... something about doc martens and cornfields don't go together, stares normally follow like who's man is this, but thats besides the point. But apparently there were a-lot of bands coming out of Bloomington Indiana and a few other states in the corn belt. A simple song but I like its commentary on American culture and the states in the Bible Belt.

4) Uptown Girl by Billy Joel: I always thought that this song dated back to before the 80's but once I learned the whole backstory of the album and it being the story of his life, and just meant to sound like the 50's I really appreciated it. Also i can relate to the character because greasers were kind of like the punks of the 50's.

5) Train in Vain by The Clash: The Clash probably one of the most influential

bands in music history best known by their cover of Should I Stay or Should I Go. This song gives a glimpse of the bands lighter side from their otherwise earlier harsher feel and songs song by other frontman Joe Strummer.

6) Another Girl, Another Planet by The Only Ones: Just a really solid love song by some New wave band

7) Love You More by The Buzzcocks: One of my favorite bands right now and the first band that started getting me into some of the more British popy punky stuff out there.