8 Simple Ways To Spread Positivity Wherever You Go

One small act of kindness can create a ripple effect.
110

1. Smile :)

It might sound simple and you may think it won’t do much but sometimes all some people need is a smile! Smiling is contagious and when you smile at people it helps spread the positive vibe you’re giving out. When I’m having a bad day and I see a stranger smile at me I instantly feel a little better.

2. Give compliments!

Compliments are always amazing to receive, but what’s even better is giving them out. Giving out the smallest compliment can mean so much to someone and brighten their day. We all have those days where we’re just not feeling ourselves, receiving a compliment instantly helps bring the positivity out of us and giving a compliment and seeing the other person be grateful is a feeling that is just as powerful.

3. Text or call someone when you’re thinking of them.

I think about various people everyday and if I really miss them, I reach out and throw them a text or call. It makes them feel good because they probably missed you too and it lets them know you were thinking about them. It also benefits you because you get to talk to someone you were missing. Reaching out to people is so easy, everyone is just a call or text away!

4. Donate!!

It is not a lie when people say that every single dollar counts. No matter how little you can contribute, donating to a cause that means something to you, or a local charity, is absolutely amazing. You are going out of your way to help as much as you possibly can. Not only will you feel good about helping out, the people accepting the donations will be so appreciative and thankful for what you’re doing.

5. Be openly appreciative.

Doesn’t it feel amazing to do something for someone and they are just overly and generously appreciative of you? I know I am. It makes me so happy that I could do something for someone and rather than just say thank you and move on with their lives, they go out of my way to make sure I know what I did means something to them. Next time someone helps you or does something, be overly appreciative. It may not mean much to you but it could really brighten someone’s day.

6. Don’t judge others.

Everyone is guilty of judging people. It may be people you know and see everyday or someone you got a glance of at the grocery store. Regardless of who it is, judging people is so negative and if that person knew what you were saying they would be extremely hurt. Next time you think about judging someone, think about how you wouldn’t want others to judge you. There is nothing positive or kind about judging people for their appearance, their style, or the way they portray themselves.

7. Pay it forward.

Next time you’re in line to grab some coffee, pay for the customer’s order behind you. It’s a small and simple gesture that could really brighten someone’s day. Along with making someone’s day, you are also putting good karma out into the world. You know what they say, what goes around comes around.

8. Be kind to yourself first!

Positivity and kindness start within yourself. If you can be happy with yourself, you can do anything. Also, if you are radiating positivity it is more likely that the people you surround yourself with will get that vibe and also start being more positive. Think of all the ways you can help spread positivity to other people and then do it to yourself! Compliment yourself, give yourself a small treat, don’t judge yourself, and reach out to people that you really miss. All of these things can start with you.