8 Ways To Say Goodbye To Your Hometown

8 Ways To Say Goodbye To Your Hometown

But it doesn't have to be goodbye forever.

1802
8 Ways To Say Goodbye To Your Hometown

Whether you are leaving your hometown for the first time or the fourth time this fall, it can always be hard. My hometown is small, comfortable, and charming in its own dysfunctional way. I cannot wait to go back to college this fall, but I will also really miss my hometown during my months away. Here are some ways that I bid my hometown goodbye, at least for the time being.

1. See your hometown/high school friends again

This is a great way to revisit the good things about growing up in this town. By saying goodbye to them, it should help you to have some closure but also be reminded of all the good memories.

2. Visit your favorite restaurant/shop

Often times, the stores o or restaurants are characteristic of the town. If you have lived in your hometown your whole life, you probably have some favorite places to spend your time. By visiting these places for the last time for while,its a greta way to remind yourself what is good about your home town.

3. Spend quality time with your family

It's likely that your family supported you a lot while growing up. They will definitely miss you when you move away. A great way to tell them you appreciate them is to spend some quality time with them before you leave.

4. Tell the people that you love what they mean to you

They say that "home" is more of a feeling than a place. The people who love you and support you certainly help contribute to feeling safe, comfortable and strong. They deserve to know everything that they have done to help you grow up!

5. Visit the classic or characteristic part of your town

Even the smallest of towns have some sort of attraction that the citizens are proud of. Even if you are tired of that stupid 50's themed diner or whatever it is, it will help you to say goodbye if you visit it one last time

6. Say goodbye to your summer job/summer activities

Whatever you did this summer may not be your main focus in life, but I would assume it took up a god amount of your time. Saying goodbye to your co workers is a good way to begin to let go of your home town.

7. Leave your room/house/residence in a better state than you found it

Even if this is your room, it will make it easier on your family if your room is not a complete disaster when you leave. It is the perfect way of saying that you respect the space you grew up in enough to leave it better than you found it. And i think this is a good attitude to take with you everywhere.

8. Spend some alone time at your favorite place

While the people in your hometown certainly make it feel like home, sometimes taking a moment or two by yourself to reflect on places you love in the town can be worth it. It is also a nice reminder that some things about the town will no change

Saying goodbye does not have to be bitter, or final, or abrupt if you don't want it to be. I think it's important to say goodbye to your home town - not because you want to be done with it forever, but because your grateful for the experiences it gave you. Now you have an opportunity to use that experience to continue to grow in the next step of your life. However, if you don't want this to be goodbye forever, you can of course always say "see you later" to your hometown as well!