7 Friends Every College Girl Finds And Keeps In Her Life, No Exceptions

The girls who'll be your bridesmaids when you walk down the aisle in a few years...

1393
Kat Devine

Everyone you meet in college is different. People come into your life for different reasons, and they bring different things.

But each of your friends, no matter how different, is a special and important part of your life and college experience.

1. The Friend From Home You Don’t Talk to a Ton but Still Love

When you go to school far away from each, there’s bound to be a little distance. You might not talk every day, but you always make sure to catch up and hang out when you’re home. Plus, none of your college friends will share the same obsession with your favorite hometown bagel place.

2. The First Semester Freshman Friends

Sometimes they stay and sometimes they don’t, but every freshman has those first semester friends. You meet them in the first few days of college and they’re your go-tos for the rest of the semester. And if you’re lucky and find good ones, they’ll be around for the next four, too.

3. The Best Friend From Home

It doesn’t matter how far away from you this person is at any given moment because they’re still your best friend no matter what. You have a long AF snapchat streak, they’re the first person you see every time you go home, and you’ve gone to visit each other on at least one occasion. This friend knows the names of all your other friends because they’re the person you can tell shit to 24/7.

4. The Friend You Make by Sitting Next to Them in Class

This friend is the girl or boy you sat next to on the first day of your random ass gen-ed requirement class. You complain about the professor together, maybe work on group projects together, and send each other notes when one of you misses class. At the end of the semester, they’ll probably fade into the void, but they’re still pretty cool and you say hi to each other on campus.

5. The Crew of People in Your Major

College is f*cking hard. Regardless of your major, you’ll take some challenging classes and face some difficult obstacles. This group will be the backbone of your academic career. You’ll struggle together, cry over tests and labs together, and if you’re like me, you’ll all go through clinicals together. By the end of your four years together you’ll watch each other walk across the stage to collect the diplomas that you slaved for, and it’ll all be worth it.

6. The True Ride or Die Best Friend

You might call a lot of people your best friends, but in reality there’s always one or two that are true, real, honest to God ride or die best friends. These girls will cheer you up, cry with you, pig out with you, take care of you, hate boys with you, find boys with you, study with you, and literally everything in between. You’d give your life for them and they’d do the same because they’ll be your bridesmaids in a few years, the fun aunt to your future children, and the women you’ll be causing trouble with well into your golden years.

7. The Whole Damn Squad

These friends are your family away from family. You’ve got a giant ass group chat with all of you, your instagram is scattered with pictures of all of you, you all roll up to the parties together and drag each others stupid asses all over the place. If you don’t already live together, you probably will within the next year or two, and only God knows how much of a mess that’s going to be.

You'll never experience anything like college. It's crazy, it's fun, it's messy, and it's some of the best years of your life. And you'll never forget the friends you spent it with.