8 College Predicaments That Were So Frustrating All You Could Do Was Call Your Mom

Thanks for always answering your phone, mom

83
Rebecca Peterson

Every college student suffers through exhausting, stressful and flat out bad days in college. Let's be real, there's a lot of those days.

Exams sucks. Professors can be brutal. I would rather have my eyes poked out than have to write another research paper.

The food is pretty terrible. And getting an average of 3 hours of sleep every night can really effect a person. What is a poor, sleepy and frustrated college student to do on a bad day?

Pick up the phone and call no one other than the crazy amazing woman you call mom.

She is the only person in the world who will listen to you rant on about a sucky grade, your roommate's shenanigans and/or the professor who you really don't like. She's always willing to hear your complaints and listen to you cry because the pressure is too much.

She's the real MVP and we all know it.

1. When you bomb the exam you studied 27 hours, 23 minutes and 41.3 seconds for

***Calls sobbing your eyes out**** "Mmmoomm. It went horrible. Just awful. How can I be so dumb? Why did I miss that one, I KNEW that one."

2. When your professor is Satan's spawn

"He despises me mom. No really.... He does."

3. When you overslept (because you stayed up until 3 am studying) and missed an important lecture and your grade dropped 15% because Satan's spawn has no mercy

"I was just so tired mom... I never even heard the alarm I forgot to set. I may as well drop out now."

4. When you have 300 pages to read, 3 research papers to write, 2 exams to study for, a PowerPoint presentation to create and a group project to do yourself

"I'm drowning mom. I'll NEVER get all of this done. It's impossible. My life is basically over. OVER. Can I just come home?"

5. Speaking of group projects, when the group members of your group project are really REALLY terrible and you wonder how they ever made it out of elementary school much less made it into a college

"Mom you won't believe how lazy they are. I'm pulling all of the weight and they're going to get all the credit. I.. I... I just don't have any words.

6. When you have a headache (because you've been staring at your computer screen for 95 hours) and you a stomach ache (because of the mysterious cafeteria food) and you're tired (because you've slept an average of 6 hours in 6 days)

"Mom what does it mean if this hurts? What medicine should I take? Do you think I should go to the doctor? Will I live through the night? Mom I don't know what to do."

7. When your roommate leaves guacamole in the refrigerator for 8 weeks and there's an science experiment better than in any lab you've ever taken right there in your shoe box of a dorm room

"It was the worst thing I've ever seen in my life, mom. I mean can she get any less considerate???"

8. When you consider the pros and cons of dropping out and living with your parents forever because...

"Mom.. It's just all too hard. Can't I just live the rest of my miserable life out at home?"

In the middle of a terrible day, you can count on your mom to make you feel better. You can whine, complain, rant, yell and cry and your mom is still on the other end of the line listening to how petty your life has become.

She will always be there to tell you that you're going to be okay and while you won't believe her, it will make you feel better.

She will tell you how smart you are even though your last exam grade is saying otherwise. She will tell you that you're beautiful even when you know you've put on a few pounds with your stress eating and haven't worn makeup in weeks. She will love you no matter what your GPA is and you know you always have a place to come home to... Even though she swears if you drop out that you are disowned.

Huge shout out to my amazing mom and all of the other mom's for always answering the phone. We wouldn't know what to do without you.