8 Things to Look Forward During Winter Break

Winter Break is a great time to catch up on those Netflix shows you're behind on.

1

1. Netflix Binges

With all sorts of free time, you can finally catch up on all of those tv shows you let fall to the wayside during the semester. Suggestions: (1) Mad Men, a story about high-powered businessmen in the 1960s, (2) Stranger Things, a show that explores common character tropes with a fun, fictional plot, (3) Parks & Rec, the misadventures of the Pawnee Parks Department – Amy Poehler is there, (4) DC shows such as Gotham, Arrow and Flash, (5) Gilmore Girls , mother-daughter relationships...the series. Personally, I will be catching up on Supernatural, Doctor Who, and Twin Peaks. I'll also be rereading A Series of Unfortunate Events in preparation for the Netflix Series.

2. Seeing Old Friends

I miss my high school friends all the time and getting to go home for a month gives you so much time to catch up with them. It's so great to hang out as if you weren't growing up too fast and as if you didn't have a whole bunch of responsibilities you have to take care of.

3. Christmas

Who isn't hype for Christmas? The holiday season is one of the most amazing seasons. Everyone feels obligated to be caring and compassionate. They just can't help but to give a dollar to The Salvation Army. I love figuring out what to give to my friends and family as gifts (and I love getting presents). I mean, who doesn't love the holiday time?

4. Seeing Your Pets

I miss my cat.

5. Home-cooked Meals

D-hall food gets old by the second week of school, and you can't help but start a countdown as to when you get to go home again and eat home-cooked lasagna. When you have a dietary restriction, like me, it's frustrating to continuously eat d-hall food that's covered in cheese because you don't have any other options.

6. New Year's Parties

Watching the ball drop in Times Square is so much fun, but watching the ball drop from the comfort of your own living room surrounded by friends and family is so much better.

7. Sleeping

Winter Break is time to catch up on all that sleep you lost during finals week. It's great to just cozy up with a blanket, your laptop and sleep for 48 hours straight.