8 Things to Help Get the Most for Your Money at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party

It’s really not so scary…
9

That time of year is upon us once again. Mickey’s famous Halloween Party season begun. The time of year when Magic Kingdom closes to day guests at 7PM and a family friendly party ensues.

Here’s what you need to know for MNNSHP:

1. Get in EARLY!

The party will begin at 7PM, but you can start entering the gate at Magic Kingdom as early as 4PM. That gives you 3 whole hours to experience the park.

2. Get a map for the party

The map has all of the special extras that are going on just for the party. This will help you plan out your evening.

3. Watch the second parade

Generally party goers have been in the park all day so they camp out and crowd in for the early showing of the Boo to You Parade (which is phenomenal) then watch the fireworks and stampede out of Main Street.

Don’t stand too close to the castle. The Hallowishes fireworks are known for being extra special and including perimeter fireworks. Don’t crowd in the hub area in front of the castle to try to get the “best spot.” Instead hang back on Main Street so you can get a full view of the whole show.

trick or treat trails

Who doesn’t love free candy? If you find one that has a short line feel free to do a second lap to double your candy.

rare characters.

The Halloween Party is a great place to get photos and autographs from characters that don’t normally do meet and greets or who are dressed up for the occasion. Moana, Jack Skellington & Sally, Lots-o’-Huggin Bear, and the Seven Dwarfs are all rumored to be attending the party this year along with many other friends this year.

7. Enjoy shorter wait times for the popular rides.

A limited number of tickets are sold for the party which means fewer guests and lines. Many of the guests who attend the party are busy doing party activities and don’t even ride the attractions!

Exclusive Sorcerer’s of the Magic Kingdom card

Another freebie at the party is a card for the Sorcerer’s of the Magic Kingdom game. You can score a free card for the game at the fire station at the front of the park. They are limited to one per guest so they will mark your party bracelet.