8 Things That Bring Me Joy

8 Things That Bring Me Joy

The world could use a little positivity.

19
8 Things That Bring Me Joy
Huffington Post

Over the last several months, I have witnessed, read, and heard more negativity than I have over almost two decades of life. I am sick to death of talking about the election and hearing more negativity and hatred being perpetuated by both sides. So, I thought I would reintroduce some positivity to the world by sharing eight things that have brought me joy in no particular order.

1. B.J. Novak and Hozier

This may seem like an odd combination, but these two fine gentlemen not only make my life better through their comedy/acting/writing and music respectively but also their responses to the election. They were grounded, positive, and profound and I appreciated seeing them on my social media amidst the hatred, anger, fear, and boasting.

I tweeted the responses, too, and B.J. Novak liked my tweet, so that made the whole experience even better.

2. Bonanza

Thank you, Amazon Prime, for bringing me the first two seasons of my guilty pleasure show without the hassle of DVRing or DVD-ing. I've loved this show for a few years now, as strange as it sounds. Even though I'm now realizing that the acting isn't always the best, it still brings me comfort, laughter, and good memories of my grandpa.

3. Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Kids Grape Tea

It's relaxing and tastes like grapes. Enough said.

4. BASTILLE

I'm always grateful for these guys (AND SO EXCITED TO SEE THEM IN CONCERT IN A MONTH). Their most recent album, "Wild World," features several songs commenting on the media and the deeply troubling views some of the world's population still harbor. They made me feel less crazy for thinking what I think and gave me a more eloquent way to express my beliefs. The songs are also all jam worthy, so I had 19 reasons to rock out in the shower and in my car.

5. Bubble Baths

Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble...or just relax and watch TV for 20 minutes and do a face mask. Both equally relaxing.

6. Joe Biden Memes

These just make me laugh,

7. Chicken Nuggets

They are tiny dollops of chicken. Enough said.

8. Tiny Kitchen

Tastemade has this series where a person makes tiny food in a tiny kitchen. It is the perfect combination of adorable, impressive, and delicious.

Of course, there are many other things that have brought me joy, but the list would go on for far too long. I am grateful for all the things that have helped make this tumultuous time a little more bright and bearable.