8 Things You Learn From Living With College Boys

Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.

92

Rent is cheap, I get to stay in Iowa City for the summer and I'm still pretty close to downtown, why wouldn't I chose to live in this house? Well, my best friend and I moved into this house....with four boys. They're our friends, of course, but over the past month they've taught me a lot about what it's like to live with a guy, or four.

1. Boys Are Messy.

At this point, I think it might just be in their DNA. My roommate, Steph, and I keep the room we share very clean. But, I can't say that for the rest of the house. Honestly, I'm not sure how they survived the entire year before we moved in and did a little cleaning of our own.

2. There's Hardly A Time With No One To Talk To.

With six of us living together, someone is always bound to be home. You want to watch TV with someone, yell at them upstairs and tell them to join you. Or, maybe 'bro-out' with them in your room, they're always there to talk.

3. They'll Convince You To Go Out.

Even when you give them a list of 15 reasons why you can't go out, you're still going out. Though I can say I haven't yet regretted going out with them, and I'm flattered they ask me to.

4. More Time For "Family Dinners."

And by 'family dinners' I mean picking a bar to go eat at and have a few drinks. So far, we've only had two but the summer is young. And on special occasions, I can convince one of them to drink a Guinness with me.

5. They Help You Grill.

This is such a girly one, but I wasn't sure how to use the grill two weeks ago. Thanks to one of my roommates, I feel pretty comfortable with it now. (After it shot up flames and burnt the sh*t out of my brats the first time I used it).

6. They Talk About Girls.

All. The. Time. I'll admit when a girl is pretty or does have a nice butt, but it's literally all we hear about. Or, when we go to the bars I constantly catch them checking girls out. I guess that's why they bring us along though, right? Wing-women.

7. Shockingly, They Can Yell Like Little Girls.

Two weeks ago my roomie and I were laying in bed when we hear the boys run up from downstairs yelling and screaming about a bat.

8. They Make Some Of The Best Friends.

At the end of the day, I wouldn't trade living with them for the summer. Our friendships are only growing stronger, and we all don't have that much time left together before we get our 'adult' jobs.

You really can't live with the boys and you can't live without them. It's made for an interesting summer, but now is the time when we're making the memories that we'll look back on in 10, 20, 30 years and be telling our children. I'm cherishing these moments as the summer is flying by and soon we'll be back to our full class schedule and rarely see each other. Thank you boys, for letting us move in and most of the time bitch about you not doing dishes. We love you.