8 Things To Thank Your Grandma For

8 Things To Thank Your Grandma For

Meemaws, MiMis, Nanas and more. This one is for you.

42
8 Things To Thank Your Grandma For
Alyssa McElyea

If you're anything like me, your grandma isn't just a grandma. She's a shoulder to cry on, a helping hand when you need it, a never ending supply of food, and your best friend. It often goes without saying how fortunate we are to have our grandparents, but sometimes we just need to take an extra second to thank them for all they really are.

Thank you for the never ending food.

It's an on-going joke, but I have never left your house hungry. You always have the best snacks, the ice cream ma would never buy us and not to mention the best dinners. I feel like I've gained 10 pounds when I leave, but it's all worth it.

Thank you for being my supporter.

Whether it was a basketball game, a soccer game or an awards night, you were always in the stands cheering me on to be the best I can. You have always pushed me to chase my dreams and provided me with anything I need to do so.

Thank you for the care packages.

Being away at school isn't the easiest because I'm miles away from my family. But you always make sure I have a little piece of home coming in my care packages to remind me that home isn't so far away.

Thank you for always having a spare bed.

I'm 20 years old and I know if I called you up asking if I could crash there, I would have a freshly made bed waiting for me and a full breakfast in the morning. No questions asked.

Thank you for teaching me about life.

Whether it's taking trips to the East Coast or simply telling me stories about life, you're always teaching me about the life around me and how fortunate I am to be a part of this world.

Thank you for raising my parents.

If it weren't for you, my parents wouldn't be here and therefore neither would I! So thank you for raising my parents the way you did and in turn helped them raise me. I wouldn't be the person I am today without your help.

Thank you for always giving the best hugs ever.

If I'm having a bad day, I know your hugs will make them better. It's like you have this magical healing power that takes all the pain away when you hug me.

Thank you for being my grandma.

There's so much more to being a grandma than I could ever thank you for in an article, these are just a few. I could never ask for a better grandma and I am so blessed to have you as mine. So thank you for all you've done, are doing and will continue to do in the future. I love you to the moon and back.