8 Texts You've Definitely Received If You Go To Tulane

Honestly, you've probably sent them, too.

67
Unsplash

When I first moved into my dorm room, my mom insisted that my roommate and I hang a dry-erase board on our door. How else would anyone know where we were? How would our friends leave us messages? We never ended up hanging up the board, though—this is the 21st century, and texting is the modern-day dry-erase board (in terms of college communication, anyway). As a Tulane student, there’s no doubt you’ve received all of these texts at some point.

1. “Wanna Bruff?”

The first response is always a disgusted no, but after some persuasion, you know you’ll eventually cave.

2. "Date with Howie T tonight?”

As much as you don’t want it to be, sometimes staying in on a Thursday night to study and finish last minute homework might be the reality, and you’ll have to RSVP yes to studying at the library instead.

3. "Is it sunny enough to tan at the social pool?”

The answer is always yes.

4. "Do you need to go to the Boot Store yet?”

Because no one wants to walk all the way there alone. (Chances are, you probably need to, anyway.)

5. "Can we go out and eat, like, real food tonight?”

If your budget and study schedule can handle it, this is another text you won’t reply no to.

6. “We should work out today, right?”

You’ll probably go back and forth between wanting to stay in bed and wanting to avoid the Tulane ton, and probably will put off working out until tomorrow.

7. "Are you going out tonight?”

This might seem generic to any school, but most recently, I got this text on a Sunday. Only at Tulane.

8. "I’m visiting you for Mardi Gras!”

The infamous invite-yourself-to-Mardi-Gras text. If you said yes to all of these, you’d have to have visitors sleeping in tents outside your dorm.