8 Text Messages You've Probably Received From Your Mom

Raise your hand if you've ever been in a GIF war with your mom

563
business insider

I've been a texting-guru since I was in seventh grade. My first ever cell phone was the kind you could type with vertically and horizontally; it was orange and black (a totally badass color scheme) and had a keyboard that could slide in and out. I remember feeling so elated to finally have a cell phone like the rest of my peers. And then it happened. I got my first ever mom text.

It's been mostly downhill since then. She's learned about emojis and GIFs and memes. Some days, if I'm lucky, I get a voice-recording instead of a text. It's even developed into a Snapchat usage. While all of this seemed kind of terrifying for a while, I'm realizing that mom texts really aren't all that bad (most of the time).

1. The "Good Morning" Text

I have received texts like this (and so has my roommate) many-a-time. Whether it's after a night out or just to wake me up bright and early, my mom's text messages tend to work better than an actual alarm clock.

2. Meme Texts

Just one of the many memes and GIFs I've been sent over the years & they always make my day.

3. Question Texts

We are all familiar with receiving random question-texts like these. But it definitely goes both ways.

4. Hometown Updates

Honestly, I would probably know nothing about the drama in my hometown if it weren't for my mom.

5. The "I'm Wearing Your Clothes" Text

This is definitely a two-way street between my mom and me--I send her pictures of my wearing her clothes just as much as I receive photos of her wearing mine.

6. Texts That Make You Wish You Were Home

Who knew '#littletrees" would make me so nostalgic.

7. "I'm Worried About You" Texts

More often than not I will open my phone to see my mom texted me a link to an article like this.

8. Life Advice Whenever You Need It

The best part about texting your mom? She knows what you need to hear.