8 Inevitable Struggles Second-Semester High School Seniors Know TOO Well

To go to school or to not go to school...

192
Flickr

If you're reading this and you're a second-semester senior, congratulations!

You're almost there. You've accomplished it all, and there is so much to look forward to this semester, summer and your first semester of college. You should be proud of all that you have done and make the most of the time that is left.

But if you're a second-semester senior, these are some things you may be struggling with too.

1. You have to come to school so you can get senior exemptions on final

You know you'll regret sleeping in all those days if you spend your last few weeks of senior year cramming for exams.

2. The anxiety of college decisions

You spent last semester applying, and this semester impatiently waiting for admissions officers to decide your fate. But keep your head up! Everything happens for a reason.

3. Trying to stop yourself from looking at dorm decor

This one may not be for everyone, but if this is you, you know this can easily consume several hours every evening.

4. The dreaded question...what do you plan to do with your life?

You probably chose a major, but you're not sure if you'll stick with it or what career you'll make out of it. Even though you made some decisions, the pressure of the future has barely decreased.

5. Your senioritis gets worse by the day

You thought you were bad today; just wait until you wake up tomorrow.

6. You want to leave...

You're ready for change, to make new friends and to move to a new city.

7. ...but you'll also miss it so much

But you'll miss the people you grew up with. You'll miss the friends who loved you even when you had braces and poor fashion choice. You'll miss the friends who stuck with you through your middle school meme phase.

8. Being afraid of the future

Your life is about to change drastically, and it's terrifying. Your new life comes with more freedom yet more responsibility. You'll miss home and your family, but you'll figure it out. Everyone goes through the same thing, and you'll be okay.