8 Songs That "Grey's Anatomy" Ruined

8 Songs That "Grey's Anatomy" Ruined

By ruined, I mean has forced you to sob uncontrollably every time you hear it.

20239
8 Songs That "Grey's Anatomy" Ruined
enstarz

Grey's Anatomy is really good at a lot of things including killing off everyone you've ever loved and making sure that there is a song associated with it so you can randomly hear it in a store and be overwhelmed with sadness. (MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD – Don't say that you weren't warned.)

1. "How to Save a Life" - The Fray

This song is featured in numerous episodes simply because it is the best representation of what Grey's Anatomy is truly about. The heart and soul of this show has always been their tenacity in the OR and their compassion for their patients even when the patient is a colleague.

2. "Chasing Cars" - Snow Patrol

This song has been used in several episodes including “Losing My Religion” in Season 2, “Song Beneath the Song” in Season 7, and twice in Season 11 in episodes 21 and 22. This song has become extremely associated with Grey’s Anatomy because of its use during episodes. This song will always remind all of us Grey’s fans of Denny’s inevitable death as well as Derek’s untimely, shocking demise that, quite frankly, we will never quite get over.

3. "Where Does the Good Go?" - Tegan and Sara

In “Fear (of the Unknown)”, we see Meredith and Cristina’s dance it out one last time. Our hearts break knowing that this is the last dance for the two characters that perfectly portrayed the relationship between you and “your person.” Cristina delivers one of her best lines following this song, “He’s not the sun, you are.”

4. "The Story" - Sara Ramirez

In “Song Beneath the Song,” we got to see our favorite doctors singing in a special musical episode of Grey’s Anatomy. While some say it was ridiculous, this scene with Callie Torres is one of her most iconic scenes and she has the voice of an angel.

5. "Grace" - Kate Havnevik

In “Losing My Religion,” this song plays as we see Meredith and Derek reunite which is supposed to make us happy, but then it also plays as we see Izzie making her way to her patient/love interest, Denny. Little does she know that Denny is dying as the song is playing. If this doesn’t depress then nothing ever will.6. "Off I Go" - Greg Laswell

In “Now or Never,” Izzie and George meet in the elevator during this song. One of them survives and the other doesn’t. If you ask me, the wrong one got to live. But anyway, Meredith delivers another of her famous narrator lines at the end of this song, “It might all be gone tomorrow.”

7. "Breathe (2 a.m.)" - Anna Nalick

One of Grey's most intense scenes is portrayed with this song in the background. In "As We Know It," the bravest intern of all time, Meredith Grey pulls a bomb out of a man during surgery. George O'Malley delivers Dr. Bailey's son proving that like 007, he is a total boss.

8. "Cosy in the Rocket" - Psapp

Obviously this song was/is the theme song for the show. "Nobody knows where they might end up" would perfectly sum up the show except I do where all of these characters will end up and it's dead. Thanks, Shonda.

Here's to many more seasons of heartbreak and sorrow, but also laughter and classic one-liners on the emotional rollercoaster that is "Grey's Anatomy."