8 Reasons Why Moe's Is The Best Restaurant Of All Time

"WELCOME TO MOE'S!"

65
The Business Journal

It seems like the debate as old as time, the classic chicken-egg scenario. Which is the best fast-Mexican restaurant. With Taco Bell supposedly declaring bankruptcy it’s time for the end-all-be-all list of reasons why Moe’s is the best restaurant in the history of the Americas.

1. “Welcome to Moe’s”

The trademarked, friendly call-out that swallows you like a warm blanket as soon as you step through the doors. Other businesses have tried to copy the best thing in customer service since call centers, but to no avail. No one can beat the original.

2. Fresh ingredients

I feel like this one is arbitrary, seeing as how everyone has fresh ingredients now, or at least advertise that they do, which really makes me wonder if any of them are fresh at all. Regardless, the ingredients at Moe’s taste like they were just pulled from the ground (in a good way) which is how I measure freshness. Who knew fresh ingredients would be the great restaurant equalizer?

3. Good food

This is kind of a given. How do you become the greatest restaurant of all time if you don’t have good food? Well you can ask Sonny’s BBQ circa 2006 for that answer but luckily, it’s a non-issue for Moe’s because everything on their menu is award-worthy. Literally everything. The best part is their menu can adapt to your mood. Are you enjoying your day off with your friends and looking for a handheld lunch option? Try a stack. Have you had a rough week at work and need to take your aggression out on a dish that requires no napkins or silverware? Get nachos. Are you on a date with that boy from high school but you don’t want him to know that you eat? Salad.

4. Queso

Queso. I really don’t think that there should be anything else written here. Name another chain that has queso in three different but inappropriately priced sizes. The taste is worth it. If you’re feeling saucy, ask for a side of cilantro to add to your queso if you want your head to explode from deliciousness.

5. Sweet tea

Maybe this one is personal, but if I get a sweet tea with my food and the tea is bad, which includes but isn’t limited to: too sweet, not sweet enough, uses old water, too watery, melts the ice because it’s too hot, etc. etc. then my whole dining experience is ruined and I'm likely to return and still drink the tea but continue to be disappointed.

6. Reward Points

This one is very important to me. If a store has an app where I can earn points for spending money then I am much more likely to justify to myself eating there five times a week. Not only that, but all those points DO add up, don’t let anyone tell you differently, and you can redeem them for food. Real food. For free. It’s amazing.

7. Music

I have contacted Moe’s cooperate office on more than 3 occasions to make their banging playlist available online. Every song that comes on in that building is a high key bop.You can ask my friend, I have been asked to tone it down from singing so loudly in the restaurant because ALL of the songs were just that good.

8. Free Chips and Salsa

If it’s free, it’s me. I live by this phrase. The chips aren’t artisanal, but like I said, they are free and the salsa bar totally makes up for it. They’re seasonal which is millennial code for organic and they range from medium to extremely hot to match you level of self-loathing for the day.

***Disclaimer: I do not work for Moe’s Southwest Grill LLC. I am not endorsed or paid in anyway by the company. Although, if they like my article and feel the need to respond with kindness, gift cards will be accepted. All opinions are my own but also true.