Eight Reasons Why Golden Retrievers Are The Best Dogs

4660

Having a bad day? Golden retrievers can brighten your day. Not only are they the best dogs out there, but they are also the sweetest.

I have had goldens all of my life. When I was little I used to ride my dog Max around the house. From then on out we have always had two of sweetest dogs ever. They are always so happy to see you and are forever wagging their tails. I may be biased, but here are 10 reasons why Golden Retrievers are the best dogs.

1. They help people in more ways than one.

They comfort people in times of need, like after the Newton, Connecticut tragedy. People sat there and were comforted from petting these dogs. It is also very common for goldens to be used as guide dogs and they can be trained to help someone in almost any way.

2. They are the masters of fetch.

Just because Gretchen Weiners couldn't make fetch happen does not mean that it is impossible. If you throw something far away, goldens will take off full speed and bring that item back to you. No matter what it is. If it is a stick, a ball, or a toy, they will forever bring it back.

3. Swimming is second nature to them.

Want to take your dog on the beach or to the pool? Well goldens will not only love to go with you, but they will certainly swim with you. They are not afraid of the water. Sometimes we think they are part fish because of how much they love to swim.

4. They are always down for an adventure.

Whether it is going to the grocery store or going hunting, goldens are always excited to do anything. They also make for a very cute co-pilot.

5. They mask their pain to make other people feel better.

Goldens do not show pain. That is why it is so hard for people to know when their dog is sick or hurting. Mine broke his foot and still would not let go of the ball in his mouth. Even with the cast on, he was still walking (limping) around with a smile on his face.

6. They are used in lots of Hollywood movies.

Everyone remember Airbud or the Spanglish dog that will forever run after the tennis ball? These dogs were all goldens. These dogs are famous and that's awesome.

7. They are always happy to see people.

No matter how bad your day was, coming home to the smiling face of a golden retriever will forever put a smile on your face. They will be sitting at your door wagging their tails right when you walk in. My dog whines when I come home from school because he misses me so much.

8. Last, but certainly not least: they are absolutely adorable.

I mean, how can you not think that these faces are cute? From puppies to full grown dogs they are always cute. But seriously how can you not smile when you see a golden retriever puppy?