8 Reasons NBC Is The Best At TV

8 Reasons NBC Is The Best At TV

Yes, all of these reasons are hit TV shows. Is that a problem?

14
8 Reasons NBC Is The Best At TV

My love for NCB started when I saw my first episode of SNL many, many years ago. For the most part, I enjoy almost every TV series the network creates. Watching NBC shows inspired me to major in TV production just so I could make incredible TV just as they do. I have dreams of being a writer for SNL, or making the next “Parks and Recreation” or “The Office.”

Since my love for NBC began, I’ve visited NBC studios at 30 Rock in NYC, I’ve met Creed Bratton ("The Office") and Perd Hapley ("Parks and Rec"), and I’ve had several SNL cast members tweet me. I love NBC and the shows they put out so much that I decided to write this article outlining some of their greatest shows.

Just your everyday pic of me trying to keep my cool at NBC studios.

1. "Parks and Recreation"

This show. Every character in this show is complete gold. Sure, they had a shaky first season, but the six other seasons brought us some of the best television around. I don’t think I’ve ever met a person who hates this show. Leslie taught us that you can do anything you want to with the right attitude. Ben taught us that being in love with someone can change your whole outlook on a situation. Chris taught us that positivity can get you through anything. Andy taught us that it’s okay to still be a kid at heart. Ron taught us that no matter how much you hate something, you can see it through. And finally Tom and Donna taught us the most important lesson of them all: to Treat Yo Self.

2. "The Office"

This show is a timeless classic. We were all heartbroken when we lost Michael Scott, but they somehow pulled together and still made it work for the remaining seasons. This show always kept us laughing and crying, whether it be happy or sad tears, and everyone dreams of a relationship like that of Jim and Pam’s.

3. "30 Rock"

30 Rock is an NBC show about working on a NBC show, and it stars Tina Fey, Tracy Morgan and Alec Baldwin. It features Kenneth the Page, who is basically me in every sense. There are so many things about this show that are just so right, but you need to see it for yourself to truly understand it's brilliance. To explain this show in writing would be an injustice to the show and queen Tina herself, so if you trust me, I beg you to go watch this show.

4. "The Voice"

I believe "The Voice" is one of the main reasons American Idol is on its last season. The talent that comes out of this show is jaw-dropping. If you say that you’ve never dreamed about getting up on that stage during blind auditions, perfectly belting out a Celine Dion song and then seeing Adam Levine turning his chair around, you’re lying.

5. "Superstore"

One of NBC’s newest shows, starring America Ferrera, follows a group of workers as they navigate life working retail. As a retail worker myself, this show is so relatable, I could cry. A lot of it is exaggerated, but I recommend watching it just to see how much retail workers have to deal with on a daily basis. It’s also set in St. Louis, MO so shout out to my home city!

6. "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon"

Jimmy Fallon is a true gift, and the stuff he makes celebs do on his show is just as much of a gift as he is. I don't ever get tired of it. In the style of his famous thank you notes: Thank you, Jimmy Fallon, for making such a quality TV show and for giving me some more content for this article.

7. "Friends"

This show set the standards for “squad goals” for every kid growing up in the 90’s. There are so many life tips that this show gave to us: True friendship means sticking with each other through every walk of life, true love must first begin with friendship, etc. Also, NBC is going to come in clutch with a Friends reunion show in a few months.

8. Finally, "Saturday Night Live"

The true love of my life. SNL introduced us to Chevy Chase, Will Ferrall, Jimmy Fallon, Tina and Amy, Kristen Wiig, and so many others. Everyone knows the classic “More Cowbell!”, “I live in a Van Down By the River”, “Target Lady” and so many more sketches. Its so comforting to know that I’ll have something to laugh about come Saturday night. Thanks SNL.

I don’t think I’ll ever stop loving NBC and the shows they put out. Thank you NBC, for inspiring me to get into the entertainment industry, and for always making sure that there’s a show to put a smile on my face.

P.S. If you’re reading this NBC, please hire me, thanks.