8 Reasons You Should Plan A Lazy Day On Your Disney Vacation

8 Reasons You Should Plan At Least One Lazy Day On Your Disney Vacation

Sorry, but if you're tired, you have to rejuvenate!

104
https://www.pexels.com/photo/woman-lying-on-flowers-1070967/

Gasp! Did I seriously suggest that you spend some down time on your vacation? Yep! I did. If you think I'm crazy, I think you should keep reading.

Disney is a place of magic and fun, but it's also a place of lots of walking, massive crowds, and lines that are way too long.

Take some time for yourself and do your feet a favor. There's absolutely nothing wrong with taking a break!

I understand that this isn't feasible when you're only at Disney World for 3-4 days, but if you're planning to spend a week in a Disney World resort, I highly recommend taking this advice.

So here are some reasons why you should consider having a relaxing day of not going to the parks.

1. You get tired about midway through your week.

You've been running around to the parks, and it's now Wednesday. You're probably completely exhausted, and if you're exhausted and have kids, that means they're probably even more exhausted than you.

2. Your legs need the break.

Let your muscles recuperate before trying to do more walking. They won't tire out as easily if you give them a little bit of a break.

3. You deserve to relax.

It's a vacation, not work. Don't stress yourself out over being late for your reservation at Chef Mickey's. Take a day to not have plans and calm down a little.

4. Your feet will thank you.

Don't lie and pretend you don't have blisters on your toes by now. It happens to everyone. Give your feet some time to readjust and heal before you try sticking those sweaty feet into some more tennis shoes.

5. Sometimes it's nice not to rush to make it to your fast pass.

Like I said, don't stress yourself out. Don't make any big plans. Just do your thing, and don't rush.

6. Spend some time at the pool.

Get a tan, swim a little, and enjoy the breeze. It can get so hot being at the parks all day long in jean shorts and a big Mickey t-shirt. Put on your suit and sit out at the pool. You could even bring your favorite book! (But don't bring work)

7. Hit Disney Springs while you're at it!

Wandering around Disney Springs is one of my favorite pastimes. There's something for everyone, and the restaurants are phenomenal.

8. Sleep in a little so that you're more refreshed for your next park day.

Sleeping in isn't going to kill you. I get that you have a limited amount of time to be at Disney, but it's supposed to be a vacation. If you sleep in a little, you'll be so much more revitalized to continue your trip.

If you want to ensure that you're well rested and ready for more park days, make sure you're not staying up too late either. You'll tire easier if you've been running around all day for 3 days straight and not sleeping at night! Eat filling meals and snack occasionally throughout the day.

Oh, and don't forget to have a magical day!