8 Questions Criminal Justice Majors Get Asked

"I cannot answer that because I AM NOT A LAWYER"

78

1. “Why Criminal Justice?”

Oh, I don’t know ma'am.. It’s one of the COOLEST majors ever. Ever watched Cops? Or Criminal Minds? How about Law and Order? Point made.

2. “I got into some legal trouble a while back, what should I do?”

I cannot answer that because I AM NOT A LAWYER

3. “So uh, you wanna be a cop, Eh?

Absolutely not. I have nothing but complete respect for law enforcement, but it’s not for me!

4. “Isn’t the criminal justice field dangerous?

Doesn’t everything in this world have some sort of danger attached to it??

5. “You know, you'll never make a ton of money in that department. Are you sure?”

Yes, I am sure. I am aware of that, but I’d rather financially struggle, and LOVE my job, than be comfortable and hate it.

6. “I got a speeding ticket the other day. Do I have to pay it?”

Yes… Yes you do, genius!

7. “Did you hear about that kid that got arrested the other day?”

Of course I did. I am always checking the inmate listings.

8. “But that person committed a serious crime. Don’t you think we should just lock them up for the rest of their life?”

ABSOLUTELY NOT. There is so many things wrong with that, but trust me.. We don’t have time for that answer. RESTORATIVE JUSTICE IS A REAL THING PEOPLE.