8 Positive Thoughts To Get You Through This Semester

There is more to me than my academic achievements; they are not a reflection of my worth.

295
flowers

I am a big believer in the power of positive thinking. As school gets more hectic with all the deadlines and responsibilities, I find that I'm in desperate need of inspiration. It becomes a little taxing to ask everyone around me for uplifting words; but it's all too easy to slip into the habit of negative thinking.

I've been trying a practice referred to as positive affirmations, wherein I combat my anxieties with small internal thoughts of encouragement. I've decided to write down a few of these thoughts, for myself and for you.

1. I am doing my best, and that deserves my respect. 

2. Even if my work isn't perfect, I am very proud of my effort. 

3. If I can do this, I can do anything. And I CAN do this!

4. This is difficult now, but it will make me stronger for tomorrow. 

5. Success shouldn't come at the expense of my self love and internal joy. 

6. There is more to me than my academic achievements; they are not a reflection of my worth. 

7. No matter the grade, I am a good person who deserves happiness. 

8. This suffering is only temporary; and I can make it better with a hopeful outlook.