8 Poems By Atticus To Help You Understand The Meaning Of Love

Simplicity. Patience. Passion.

6146

Love is a complex emotion that takes a lot of people by surprise. Whether it's a romantic kind of love, a friendly kind of love, or a family kind of love it is all the same. Love consumes you and becomes something that you cannot live with out. It gives a value to life that is unexplainable in many ways.

Simplicity.

As complicated as it is, it can be the most simple, wonderful thing in the world.

“There is nothing quite
so pure in love
as a boy
and a girl
building castles
in the clouds.”

Taking a chance.

What is life with out a little bit of risk?

“Love is
throwing yourself into a stormy sea
hoping there are arms to catch you
knowing that without the leap
there is only the safe
and lonely shore.”

Hurt.

With risk comes pain a lot of the time. However, as humans, we plunge towards it at full speed anyway.

“Love
could
be
labeled
poison
and we’d
drink
it
anyways.”

Beauty.

Each form of love has it's own beautiful meaning to it.

“I just need
you
and
some
sunsets.”

Patience.

Being in love isn't always easy. It can be frustrating and painful. Having patience is key.

“My sweet darling,
all these tears,
this hurt,
the pain in your heart, do not fight it anymore,
it is a gift, you see, to feel this much,
and even though it’s hard
it mean’s you’re alive
with each of these tearful breaths gasped
you soul awakens,
more alive in the pain
than you were numb,
you are coming back to me now, my love,
lucid in this darkness-
so cry aloud,
yell,
and fall,
and I will be here waiting
to catch you
when the waking up is done.”

Sacrifice.

Having yourself to worry about is one thing, but having another person entirely added to that is another. There will be some things you don't like that they do or vice versa. Making sacrifices is part of the role.

“Does the sun promise to shine?
No, but it will-
Even behind the darkest clouds,
And no promise
Will make it shine longer or brighter
For that is its fate,
To burn until it can burn no more.
To love you is not my promise
But my fate-
To burn for you
Until I can burn no more.”

A rollercoaster.

It can be the best thing in the world, it can be the worse thing in the world. Either way, it's amazing.

“You and I
will be
lost and found
a thousand times
along this
cobbles
road of us.”

For the good and the bad.

Love is strong enough to withstand whatever life puts in front of you. There will be good times and bad times but it is important to remember who you have standing behind you ready to catch you when you fall.

“I have seen your
darkest nights
and brightest days
and I want you to know
that I will be here
forever
loving you
in dusk.”

Love is complicated. Love is painful. But love is worth it all.