8 People I Am Thankful For

8 People I Am Thankful For

I don't say it enough but I am thankful especially for these eight people

576
8 People I Am Thankful For
Ashleigh Shannon

Living in such a consumerism country, it is easy to forget what's important in life and all the things/people we take for granted. Usually during the holidays, people get so caught up on buying the right gifts that they forget what the holidays are really about. The holidays are a time to be with family and friends ,and look at your life and just to be thankful of all the opportunities and people you have in your life. Whenever I’m complaining about something small, I step back and realize how thankful I really am. Here are 8 things I’m thankful for this year.

My Mother

Being away at school has definitely brought our relationship closer. I’m so thankful for all the lessons you taught me and will continue to teach me in life. Growing up, I know we struggled with money, but you still never said no to all the dreams I wanted to accomplish. You are such a selfless women and I would hope one day my children look up to me as much as I look up to you. I am forever grateful for you.

My Father

From the consist laughs you have given me, to the proud tears you have shed for me. I’m thankful for having a funny guy like you to bring me up when I am down. You have been my biggest cheerleader in everything ,and ,like mom, you have done everything in your power to make me happy ,and for that I am so thankful.

My Baby Brother

I know you aren’t a baby anymore, and I know sometimes you could annoy the heck out of me ,but I am so grateful for you. You have made me laugh when all I wanted to do was cry, You have made fun of my ex-boyfriends for me, and are always down for Wawa runs. You are the sweetest and the loudest (literally, the loudest) boy I know, and for that I am so thankful to have you.

My Guardian Angels

It has been years since my grandmother and Great Aunt Sadie have passed, but I’m grateful everyday that I have two beautiful women looking out for me. Whenever I feel alone, I look up and realize that they’re always right next to me. Recently I also gained another guardian angel, a friend with a beautiful soul that died too young. I know Andrew is up there protecting me, and laughing at all the dumb things I do when I am alone, and for that I am grateful for my three guardian angels.

My Best Friend

I am thankful for our friendship in so many ways. You mean so much to me ,and you're considered part of the family. I love laughing with you at 2 o’clock in the morning from funny YouTube videos. We have accomplished many chapters in our lives together ,and I can’t wait for many more. I’m thankful for you and the cheerleading gym we are going to start together when we are older. I can't wait to be little old ladies in wheel chairs stirring up trouble.

My Roommates

It’s hard living with one girl let alone two, but somehow, in all our craziness, we make it work. It’s hard sometimes being away from home, but you guys make it better. I'm thankful for our sushi runs, our late college nights ,and our conversations about the weekend on Sunday mornings. I'm thankful that I found life long friends that'll always be there for me.

My Second Family

Aunt Lisa and Uncle Tag, you have always treated me like the your second daughter. You're house is where I took my first steps, where I learned how to ride my bike, and where I feel just as comfortable as being in my own house. I am thankful for our summer night BBQ's ,and our family game nights. I am thankful to have all you in my life.

My Best Friend that’s a Million Miles Away

After high school, we both went our separate ways (distance wise), but somehow we have made it work. Our friendship has become so much stronger in the past year. I am thankful for our face time calls, and our summer car rides to anywhere. It is amazing how all you want to do in your life is to give back to people. I’m thankful for you and our friendship.

Eight people just does not cut it, but if i kept going, this article would be many pages long. I am thankful for all the people that have entered my life, rather they have left or stayed. They have all taught me something, and have impacted in me in many ways. So I encourage you to say thank you to the people that you love and care about this holiday season.