8 Things Longer Than Brock Turner's Rape Sentence

Three months is a very short amount of time.

11
www.swimvortex.com

Unless you live under a rock, you’ve heard that Brock Turner’s jail sentence ended on September 2nd when he returned home, after spending a whopping 93 days in prison for sexually assaulting an unconscious woman. People are going crazy over the fact that Turner only had to serve half of an already light six-month sentence, and the hashtag #ThingsLongerThanBrockTurnersRapeSentence has been trending on twitter all week. Here are eight things that lasted longer than Turner’s sentence.

1. The amount of time for Frank Ocean to release his second album: 4 Years

2. Forrest Gump's cross country run: 3 Years, 2 months, 14 days, and 16 hours

3. One Direction's hiatus: 9 Months (and counting)

4. The shelf life of a tube of mascara: 3 Months

5. Taylor Swift and Harry Styles' relationship: 3 Months

6. The life span of a sea-monkey: 730 Days

7. The sentence for possession of marijuana: 15 Days to 1 Year (first offense)

8. The amount of time it will take for the victim to recover from her traumatic experience.

So congratulations, Brock Turner- your sentence only lasted three months, but the victim will have to deal with the result of your actions for a lifetime. You got a slap on the wrist for what was so gracefully deemed by your father as "20 minutes of action," because God forbid your jail time have too much of an impact on you. Three months for taking advantage of a woman who was unable to defend herself, who now has to live knowing that next to nothing was done to justify what happened to her. There's something very wrong here.