8 Of Kanye's Kraziest Moments

8 Of Kanye's Kraziest Moments

Yeezy has a reputation for being completely nuts, so let's reminisce on the worst of it.

37
8 Of Kanye's Kraziest Moments
Hot 97

Imagine 1000 wild monkeys. Now imagine these monkeys with 10 typewriters and the task of writing a doctorate thesis. Now imagine these monkeys have an extraordinary ability to rap and they are wearing sweaters with holes in them and that’s probably what it’s like in the mind of Kanye West. Kanye West aka Ye aka Yeezy aka Yeezus has been rapping since the early 00s and has been an A-list rapper all those years. While being an A-list rapper, he is also an A-list crazy person and an F-list at being humble. Many think the crazy has just come out recently, but oh no, Mr. Yeezus has always been completely nuts, and here are eight of the Kraziest Kanye moments.

8. Kanye West 2020

This is a more recent addition, but Kanye West was given the Michael Jackson Vanguard Award at the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards. This Vanguard award has been given to music’s greatest stars such as David Bowie, The Beatles, Madonna, Michael Jackson (obviously), and Beyoncé. MTV added Kanye West to this coveted list this past year. Kanye West gave a 10-minute speech that was a rollercoaster from the beginning when he yelled out “Bro! Listen to the kids!” then he went on a tangent about him dying for artistry, how award shows are terrible (which is weird because he is in attendance at an award show and just won an award), and even about how much he smoked before the show. But these are normal Kanye things; the big crazy was at the end of his speech, in which Kanye uttered the words, “I have decided in 2020 to run for president.” So…Yeezy2020 I guess.

7. Taylor Swift

So much could have been picked for this like how he said he made Taylor Swift famous, or her reaction at the Grammy’s, or his even weirder response but I think it’s best to start from the beginning. We’re at the VMAs, the year is 2009 and Kanye West is on the red carpet with an entire bottle of Hennessy, in which he drank half the bottle. So now not only do we have crazy Kanye, we now have drunk crazy Kanye. That year T-Swizzle won Best Female Video with “You Belong with Me.” This didn’t sit well with Yeezy, seeing as how he thought Beyoncé deserved it more for “Single Ladies.” Now we have an angry drunk crazy Kanye, and he took action...by ruining a 19-year old’s first VMA speech. He ran on the stage, stole her mic and yelled out that “Yo Taylor, I’m really happy for you, Imma let you finish, but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time!” then shrugged his shoulders and walked off the stage. I feel like I don’t have to really explain how insane that is…but Yeezy2020 I guess.

6. Saturday Night Live

This is another pretty recent event of crazy. Our buddy Kanye was performing on Saturday Night Live in mid-February of 2016. But the performance isn’t the crazy part, he actually had a phenomenal performance. The crazy was backstage where there was a leaked audio of him backstage having a meltdown apparently about the set not being the way he intended, then it got into a weird territory and…well just have a listen for yourself.

5. "Sway in the Morning"

Kanye has had some pretty crazy interviews, like his BBC1 interview. But this one takes the cake. Kanye West was interviewed on the SiriusXM show "Sway in the Morning" in which Sway offended Kanye West for…asking questions. Kanye went on an angry rant talking about…well, I’m not actually sure. He said he was Walt Disney and Andy Warhol and then started insulting Sway and from this we got the famous line, “You ain’t got the answers, Sway!” and apparently neither do any of us.

4. Red Cross Concert for Relief

In the wake of the tragic Hurricane Katrina that destroyed New Orleans, Red Cross held a concert for relief and had many celebrities to show their support and aid during this time. During a segment that featured Kanye and Mike Myers, Kanye went off script and ranted about the treatment of black people and their portrayal during this time, especially the ones being portrayed in New Orleans. Now this is a fair argument, obviously, but many saw this as the wrong time for that kind of rant. But the craziest part was his final line. Mike Myers, nervous about Kanye’s first rant tried bringing things back on track by reading the teleprompter but then Kanye gave the infamous line, “George Bush doesn't care about black people.” Myers looked mildly uncomfortable and producers were so angry they cut him off and went to the next segment.

3. He posed as Jesus

We are in the last three so we are pulling all stops on the crazy. Kanye has a weird relationship with the higher power, especially in the media. Kanye created the song “Jesus Walks” which is an incredible song, but it got a little weird afterward. In a 2006 edition of Rolling Stone magazine, Yeezy was featured on the cover…dressed as Jesus. While being extremely disrespectful, it gets crazy when he compares himself to JC…Kanye West, a rapper from Chicago, compares himself to the messiah of an entire religion. If that wasn’t enough, in the song "Otis" he rapped the line “I made 'Jesus Walks' I’m never going to Hell.” Let that sink in for a second. While thinking he is like Jesus, he also believes he will never go to Hell because he made a song about Jesus.

2. He called out someone in a wheelchair and had them booed

Kanye has a bit of an ego if you couldn’t previously tell, and he thinks he should be praised for everything he has ever done. In a concert in Australia, Kanye stopped his entire performance and commanded everyone to stand for his next song and told the crowd he would not perform further until he saw everyone standing. This kinda backfired on him when he pointed out one fan who wasn’t standing and chastised them…until he realized this fan couldn’t physically stand…because the fan was in a wheelchair. Now to be fair he didn’t take that into consideration when he made his command but it’s on this list because he refused to perform at a concert that people paid for until they all stand in worship to him which is pretty insane.

1. He thinks AIDS is man-made

This is 100 percent completely true. Kanye West truly believes this, and on many occasions has claimed this. Yeezus has said that the government created and administered AIDS and put it into Africa to separate the continent just like how they planted crack into low-income areas to disband the Black Panthers. Not only did he say this, he also rapped about it…on two different occasions. On the song "Heard Em Say" Kanye says, “And I know that the government administer AIDS so I guess we just pray like the minister says,” and on the song "Gorgeous" he says, “I treat the cash the way the government treats AIDS, I won’t be satisfied til all my ni**as get it, get it?” So he obviously believes this and feels very strong about this despite...you know…evidence.

Sadly I could not find a video to his most famous live 8 AIDS rant but you can find more info on it here.