8 Family Members You'll Encounter During The Holidays

Shoutout to the little cousin's who make sure you're constantly laughing and not acting your age at family dinners

74
NY Daily News

The holiday season is in full swing and that means all your relatives will be visiting, announced or not. Sure, you may have a secret favorite side of that family, but whether it be mom's or dad's side, there's always going to be those relatives.

1. The one aunt who embraces PDA way too much

When you see her making the bee-line to ultimately smudge lipstick all over your face, grab the closest available child and use them as a human shield.

2. The overly conservative uncle who just doesn't stop

We get it, you would lick the gum off of Donald Trump's barefoot for free because you worship him more than God. Don't even get him started on the idea of accepting the idea of gay marriage or immigration.

3. The Grandfather who shares more war stories than the History Channel

I will say, hearing stories from your grandparents is better than reading any history textbook. However, the older you get, the more likely you are to be able to recite the stories while your grandpa drifts off halfway through for his post-dinner nap.

4. Your favorite older cousin

Everyone has that one super cool older cousin they always idolized. They also can tell when you've had enough, because they've lived through it all too, and may or may not help slip you something to spice up your soda.

5. Your favorite younger cousin

Shoutout to the little cousin's who make sure you're constantly laughing and not acting your age at family dinners. Who said the kid table is for anyone under 12?

6. The comparing cousin

"Well, you're cousin has this job. They also have been in a relationship for this long. They went to this college and got this degree and saved 50 orphans in Uganda." That's great and all, but last I checked, I'm content with my life and I'm not my cousin. Next topic.

7. The family members that are always late

The food is on the table getting colder and colder. The chips and dip, crackers and cheese, and other finger foods are all gone. Everyone is starving and without fail, a whole entire squad of your family is nowhere to be seen. They were told a time an hour and a half prior to the actual start time too!

8. Your grandma who keeps asking if you found 'the one'

If the one is a pint of Ben and Jerry's, then yes, I found the one. To be exact, I found more than 60 of 'the one.'

Despite all the cra ziness that ensues, at the end of the day family is family!