8 Dreary Weather Day Activities

8 Dreary Weather Day Activities

When it's cloudy, raining or snowing and you have no obligations for the day.

178
8 Dreary Weather Day Activities

We have come to that time of year where a cold, cloudy, possibly rainy, or snowing day is not out of the question. So, whether you live in Florida and a cold front is sweeping in, or you live in Boston and are expecting a foot of snow, you have to spend your day somehow. Psychologically there is something called SAD (seasonal affective disorder), which is the professional name for the reason when it gets colder, it's raining, or it's dreary, we feel unmotivated. Now, don't get me wrong, laying around doing nothing is great, but sometimes (just sometimes) I want to do something with my day besides lay there.

So, here are some possibilities to fill the void in your day:

1. Bake some goodies.

COOKIES! Or brownies, a cake (or two), muffins, pancakes, waffles...whatever you're in the mood for! Today is a great day for whatever comforts the kitchen can cook up.

2. Outdoor activities.

Weather permitting, go sledding, make snow angels, dance in the rain, bundle up to walk the pooch, explore your neck of the woods, or indulge in other various outdoor activities.

3. Board games.

*Disclaimer: this will require you to interact with other human beings. If you do not wish to pursue this alternative or you live by yourself, then please choose another activity.

Nothing revs up some friendly competition like a good, old fashioned (not really though) board game. Plus, it just might take you back to the simpler times of your childhood.

4. Classic movie(s).

A day of gloom is the perfect excuse to catch up on all the movies you wish you had the time to watch. Indulge in a guilty pleasure film, one of your favorites, or try something new that makes you really contemplate the inner workings of your mind or life. Or... Harry Potter movie marathon, anyone?

5. Dance party.

Crank the tunes. Let the beat flow through you and out to your outer extremities by the power of song. Preferably a playlist of classics, but whatever gets you grooving should do!

6. Build a fort (or three).

Gather all the spare sheets, blankets, and pillows to build the comfort castle of your dreams. Then, hide away there for the day.

7. In love with that coco.

Make some hot chocolate, and be sure to use extra chocolate (because why not?)! Maybe get festive with it, and top the coco with marshmallows, whipped cream, chocolate shavings, or a peppermint stick.

8. Get it done.

For all of those things you've been meaning to do (*cough cough the laundry*), there is no day like today. Plus, once you check these tedious or dull tasks off your list, you will be burden free! Yippee!

Whether you sleep the day away or get cracking on the daily chores, I hope you spend your day the way you want to, because you deserve it!