8 Characteristics I Pray You Find

8 Characteristics I Pray You Find

Dear little brother

15
8 Characteristics I Pray You Find

Dear little brother,

As you grow older and things around you begin to change day by day I am reminded that you are no longer my "little" brother. I no longer have the luxury of looking down to see your big blues eyes, nor do I get the privilege to carry you around on my back, for you tower over me and never fail to mention that I am a "short little girl" daily. I no longer have to lay next to you watching Finding Nemo until you have fallen asleep, nor do I have to teach you how to see the positives in everything around you. You have and are becoming someone I am beyond proud of, whether that's through your many talents, your heart, or the bright future I know that you hold.

You have held me as I have cried because of a boy, have laughed with me due to our funny faces we make at one another, have held my hand when I needed someone there, and have always given me advice whether you realize it or not. You have shaped me and I have shaped you. As time goes on I know a girl will come along, and as you know, growing up in a household full of girls can be challenging from time to time. But God has placed you in this family to mold you into a future spouse to someone and hopefully a future father.

Here are 8 characteristics that I hope you find in your future sweetheart:

1. She loves God more than she could ever love you.

Yes going to church is important, yes praying with and for one another is important, yes reading from the bible constantly is important, but I pray that you seek a girl who would drop anything in the world and always put God before anything in her life. Including you.

2.She has a servants heart.

One of my favorite Sunday school teaches once taught me that the best heart you could ever have is a servants heart. This shows that she is selfless along with humble towards others. She is a giver and is always willing to show love to all.

3. She will be optimistic on life.

If she doesn't challenge you to be a better you then she's not doing her job. Her outlook on life reflects who she is as a person and how she handles situations demonstrates her mindset towards everyone and everything around her. If the light that she shines is a light from Christ, then her light will never grow dim nor will her happiness.

4. She is determined to reach her goals.

You are constantly pursing your dreams and achieving each goal that you have set out for yourself. Your girl needs to follow in that as well. God has a plan for each person and it's what they do with what they are given that will title them as a completer in that particular calling. This should be your motto in life along with hers.

"Fulfill all of your dreams wit God by your side."

5. She must encourage you.

Everyday she should be lifting you up and supporting you in all that you do. She has to be willing to go the extra mile and be your #1 fan through life battles, and be your helping hand when you feel weak. She will be your best friend and the person who shows you that you can make it through anything as long as you two are standing side by side. She should make you want to lead your relationship through Christ and inspire you to be the man God has called you to be.

6. She needs to be cool with you having 4 sisters.

Now I know, four girls that she is going to have to face including our parents can be very overwhelming. But when it comes to girls, we can be pretty good at reading people, and this girl is going to have to win the hearts of not only you.. But four more girls right behind you. We have grown with you, have picked on you, have become your best friends. To us, no girl will be good enough for you. But when God places someone before you, we can't wait to see you change our minds.

7. She has a past.

There is not one person on this planet that can honestly raise their hand and say that they have never made a mistake or regret doing something. We don't expect her to be perfect. We don't expect her to not have a past of both good and bad. But it's how she has overcome all of the obstacles that will make her perfect for you.

8. She is all you have dreamed of and more.

When you were 11 I would ask you what you want in a girl and you would tell me "She has to love Jesus, that's number one. It would be pretty cool if she played or liked basketball. Annnnnddd.. It would also be nice if she was pretty!" now if I asked you today what you look for in a girl there's no telling what you would say. I'm sure you have in mind what you would hope for her to be. But don't ever settle for less than what you deserve. Allow God to lead you to the girl He knows will fit you like a glove, and the girl He knows you couldn't live without.

So as you grow taller, your hands grow bigger, your shoes get smaller, and your heart continues to search for that special someone.. Just remember that YOU will always be my "little" brother no matter where God leads you and that your future spouse is going to be the luckiest girl to walk this earth.