7 Ways To Unwind After The Semester's Over

It's time to treat yoself!

453
Max Fitness FTW

For some of us, finals are just beginning, while others have already completed the spring semester. The feeling of finishing the semester for most of us is a time of bliss. After a stressful period time, all we want to do is lay around like a vegetable and relax. Maybe you need a few hints on what to do with yourself instead of lay around all day. Here are a few ways you can do yourself a favor and treat yourself after a long semester!

1) Go Out

Grab some friends and go out to a nice restaurant, club, or movies. Distress the night away by dancing, eating, drinking. or just being surrounded by good people.

2) Netflix the Day Away

Plan this one the night before, because this one requires some prep work. You'll need to go to your local supermarket and stock up on snacks and drinks before your binge day. Once the day arrives, invite someone over (or a whole group, make it a party!) and Netflix the day away until you've watched everything they have to offer.

3) Spa Day

Go to your local spa and spend the afternoon getting your overall body and mind back to a relaxed state. You could go to the sauna or get a full body massage. Check out what your local spa has to offer and make it an end of the semester habit.

4) Camping Weekend

Go out into the woods with a few of your friends and have a great campout. Think of the trip as a mindful reset. Find a place where you can hike in the woods and have bonfires. Pro-tip, your notes from that gen-ed class you had to take make great fire starters! Burn all of your stressful memories away and enjoy the peaceful outdoors.

5) Take a Trip

Speaking of trips, just take one to a new place! Go to the shore, to an amusement park, or just to a new area. You can find deals for traveling using Groupon or the student discount site Unidays.

6) Purchase a gift for yourself

Have you been looking at a specific product and was thinking "I want that, but I know I shouldn't". After this long and stressful semester, I'd say go for it. You have all summer to work and pay for it, why not splurge a little now and enjoy it before next semester hits.

7) Spend a Day Focusing On Your Hobby

Get back into doing something you like to do in order to get out of the repetition of school and homework. If you like cars, spend the day going to car meets and auto shows. If you like fishing, spend a whole day on the water. Think about the things that you wish you had time for while you were in school. Now you're able to do all of these things with the free time you have before possibly working.