7 Easy Ways To Prepare For The Upcoming School Year This Summer

7 Easy Ways To Prepare For The Upcoming Fall Semester

It's never too early to start prepping for the school year!

13

With summer quickly winding down, it's important to begin preparing for the school year so your academic year can start off as smoothly as possible! I know during your last few weeks of summer the absolute last thing anyone wants to think about is the upcoming school year, but I promise you will be glad you started organizing early! Try to do these few things before your summer comes to an end.

1. Go ahead and purchase the supplies you know you're going to need. 

Buy a few notebooks, printer paper, new backpack, a pack of pens -the basics that you know you're going to end up using.

2. Get caught up on your appointments. 

Go ahead and schedule your yearly physical, dental appointment, hair or nail appointments, whatever you normally get done. This way it's all over and done with before you start school. The first couple weeks of school can be super hectic and it will be easier if you get these pesky appointments out of the way.

3. Purchase your new planner or calendar that you will use for the school year and fill it out with the info you have. 

This will make your life so much easier because you can see what you have coming up when you go to add all of the new dates for your new classes!

4. Double check your class schedule. 

Make sure you're signed up for the classes you need to be taking and that you are on track to graduate on time. Once the classes begin it is difficult to change, drop, and add the courses you need.

5. Make any advising appointment if you need to. 

This goes hand in hand with the one mentioned above. It will be insanely difficult to get an advising appointment during the first couple weeks of the semester, so go ahead and make the appointment you need before the year gets started!

6. Make goals for the year. 

Start by writing down a few goals you want to see yourself accomplish this semester such as earning all As/Bs, joining a new club, or making new friends. This way you can start the year with a motivated mindset.

7. Soak up the last little bit of summer!

Relax as much as possible and mentally prepare yourself for the school year. Enjoy your summer and best of luck this school year!