7 Ways To Make Your Dad Feel Special This Father's Day

There are a lot of great dad's out there, but none are as special as the one who raised you.

1263
www.fathers.com

It's the week before Father's Day and you can almost be sure that most children out there are still frantically trying to find the perfect gift for dad. What could you possibly give the most important man in your life to show him how special he really is?

One of the hardest parts about shopping for dad's is they almost never tell you what they want. They work so hard to give you everything you've dreamed of, but they refuse to tell you what they would want to receive in return. But have no fear, there is a very easy solution to this that will not only make dad feel special, but will also be kind on your wallet. Instead of trying to give your dad just one perfect present, try do something special for him everyday! It doesn't have to be anything major, it just needs to be something small that reminds your dad how important he is to you. Here are 7 easy ways to make Dad feel extraordinary the whole week leading up to his special day.

1. Do something he loves to do together

Suggest having a movie night together, but tell dad that he gets to pick all the movies. Or you could make dinner together and compare and contrast your different cooking styles. You could throw the football around for a bit or just watch some of his favorite show together. Whatever you decide to do, just make sure that your dad knows that it's his turn to share what he loves with you.

2. Ask him to teach you something

We all know that most dad's love to teach their children valuable life skills, like how to change a tire or how to mow the lawn. Sometimes the best way to remind your dad that's he's special is to ask him to teach you something. Ask him how to fire up a grill or how to change the oil in your car. Either way, your dad will definitely feel special. It will remind him that no matter how old you get, you'll always need him around to teach you new things.

3. Tell him about what's going on in your life

Another easy way to make your dad feel special is to let him feel like he's a part of your life. As we get older, it becomes easier and easier to forget to include our parents in our daily lives. Since we don't need their permission anymore, we forget that they still appreciate feeling included. A simple phone call to catch your dad up on your daily life can go a really long way.

4. Offer to take over one of his weekly tasks around the house

Dad's are famous for doing all the manly upkeep that comes along with every house. They're always found doing yard work, like mowing the lawn or pulling weeds. But during this special week, offer to do some of these tedious tasks for him. Give your dad a little time to relax and do something he rarely gets to do, like golfing or fishing. Bonus points if you can get the choirs done early enough to go with him on his relaxing day off!

5. Ask him about his life and memories

As much as your dad loves to hear about your life, he also loves to share with you memories from his. Ask him about where he was when he was your age and how things have changed since then. You can ask him little things like who was his favorite band or where was his favorite hangout. Asking about his life reminds him that you're genuinely interested in learning about the awesome person he was before he became your amazing dad.

6. Give him a present he will actually use

Although these simple gestures of love will go a very long way, a small and practical present could really seal the deal. Most dad's don't want anything flashy. They just want something that they can honestly use on a regular basis. So if he likes fishing, consider getting him a new tackle box or fishing rod. Or if he really loves cars, offer to take his to a nice car wash. Getting him something small that you know he will use is always the best route to go when it comes to gifts for dad.

7. Remind him of how much he means to you

Finally, tell your dad how much he really means to you. Thank him for everything he's taught you over the years and for all the things he still has to show you. Remind him that you wouldn't be where you are today without him. Dad's are generally very simple creatures. They like to feel needed and appreciated. So before the week is up, make sure your dad knows that you would never take him for granted. Give him a few extra hugs and tell him you love him as much as you can. The gift of your love and appreciation is the exact present your dad has always wanted.