7 Ways To De-Stress In College

7 Ways To De-Stress In College

There are so many ways to make yourself feel less stressed in college, here are just a few options that you might want to try.

159
7 Ways To De-Stress In College
Author's photo

Let’s all be honest here, college can be totally stressful and sometimes you just can’t think of a way to de-stress and feel better. Well never fear, here are five tips on how to de-stress college style.

1)Color

Okay, I understand that sometimes those adult coloring books can be kind of daunting; trust me, I get it. I mean some of those areas that you have to color in are just so tiny! So find a picture that you feel comfortable coloring in and take a break from all the studying, color for a little while. Having a creative mindset might even help you find a new way to memorize, write, or study when you get back to work.

2)Watch a movie

I find myself doing this more and more lately. Whenever I’m feeling overwhelmed with my homework and it’s still fairly early in the night, I’ll take a break for a few hours and watch a movie or a couple of episodes of a T.V show on Netflix. Between Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and all the other streaming sites out there you are bound to find a title that you want to watch. It’s a good thing to let your mind relax and wrap around something other than chemistry or that paper that you have to write.

3)Get off campus

Sometimes it isn’t even that you’re feeling bogged down by work, sometimes you just need a change of scenery. If you are on campus for long periods of time then chances are, you are going to need to get off campus once or twice a month. Going somewhere fun can be an adventure and great way to have some fun and hang out with your friends.

4)Go out on the weekend

There are plenty of good reasons to go out on the weekend as a way to destress. You don’t have to drink to have fun and partying with your friends can be an awesome way to let loose a little. As long as you are responsible then you can have a great time going out with your friends on the weekend.

5)Listen to some music

For some people, there is no better way to relax than to listen to their favorite type of music. A great way to destress is to make a relaxation playlist and whenever you are feeling a little on edge, you can stretch out on your bed, turn up the music (or pop in some headphones), and listen to the playlist until you are feeling better.

6)Exercise

Something that can be totally great and make you a lot more relaxed when you are finished is exercise. There have been plenty of studies done that show how exercise is good for the body and can do great things for the mind so exercise can definitely be a way to go

7)Do laundry

This one is just a good way to get something done that you should be doing anyway and take a break from your work. Take the time and wash your clothes and do one of the other things on this list while they are in the washer/dryer. By the time everything is done, you should be feeling much better.