7 Types Of Posts Where You And Your Roomie Have Already Tagged Each Other

*tags roommate*

268
Ronnie Schoen

45 days not falling asleep right across the room from my best friend has been rough. However, although I’ve only seen her once over break and she isn’t the best at responding to texts, our relationship has remained strong due to one thing: constantly tagging each other in Facebook memes.

I know that me and my roomie are not the only roommates who do this, as I have come to learn the names of my friends’ roommates solely by the number of times I’ve seen them being tagged. Throughout six weeks of tagging, I’ve come up with seven types of memes that will make you tag your roommate.

1. The “Odyssey Roommate Article” tag

This is gonna happen with this article. Whenever an article pops up on my newsfeed with a title like “signs you and your roommate are too close” or “questions you ask your roommate on the daily” there’s a 99% chance I’m tagging my roommate, sometimes before even reading it. But usually I will read it first, and then comment on the post tagging her with something like “#11 YOU”

2. The “We Hate Boys/We’re Forever Alone” tag

If there’s one person who knows everything there is to know about your love life, it’s your roomie. So when you come across one of these posts that fits you to a T you have to tag the only person who knows how accurate this actually is.

3. The Food Memes (especially those about nuggets) tag

College freshman are notorious for gaining the freshman 15. However, when there’s always pizza and cookies available at the dining hall and no parents to tell us no, who can blame us? During stressful times there is one thing that can always motivate my roomie and I to push through. And that thing is chicken nuggets. While chicken nuggets have always been one of our favorite foods, it was not till this year that we realized what a blessing nuggets actually are. Camryn is probably the only person who understands how amazing nuggets are, and rightfully if there’s any meme about chicken nuggets we will tag each other.

4. The “Best Friend Appreciation” tag

This type has two main subcategories. The first one is all those memes where it’s like “wow my best friend is so gorgeous and amazing how did I get so lucky?!” Which is absolutely true in my case, I’m super lucky to have someone like that even if it makes me the less hot roommate. The second type is like “give a shout out to the person who tolerates you” and so I have to tag the person who will sleep through me getting ready probably kinda loudly when she doesn’t have any classes on Fridays. For some reason she was the one to tag me first in that one.

5. The "Sitcom memes" tag

With me and my roomie it's usually "The Office" with a couple "Friends" and "Parks and Recreation" memes, but when Michael Scott appears on my timeline, Camryn will be tagged. After all, we can never have enough material for our whiteboard's "The Office quote of the week" section.

6. The "Doggo" tag

If there's a cute dog then it's selfish not to tag your roomie so that she can also see the cute dog as well. Yesterday I was tagged in a video where the pupper boops the camera and honestly it kinda made my life.

7. The “We Tag Each Other So Much” tag

We accept each other for the meme trash we are. And so when there is a meme about tagging each other way too much then what other choice do we have but to tag each other? My two favorite and most accurate memes fall under this category, and they're probably more accurate than any other meme.