True Crime Documentaries

7 Chilling 'True Crime' Documentaries You Need to See

Dive into true crime with the best true crime documentaries out there.

116

There's just something about true crime documentaries that suck you in and keep you hooked. If you're a true crime junkie and want to watch the best of the best, these true crime documentaries are for you:

1. "Evil Genius"

Subtitled "The True Story of America's Most Diabolical Bank Heist," this 4-part documentary centers on the Pizza Bomber case where a pizza man robs a bank with a bomb around his neck and gets murdered. Things only get crazier from there. Each installment will get you deeper into the mystery and conspiracy surrounding this case.

2. "Amanda Knox"

You probably remember Amanda Knox, the US foreign exchange student who was living abroad in Italy and was charged and convicted of killing her roommate. She was eventually acquitted years later, but this documentary dives into the details of the case and interviews those close to her.

3. "The Staircase"

Novelist Michael Peterson was accused of killing his wife Kathleen after she was found dead in their home. Peterson claimed he found his wife dead at the bottom of their stairs, but the investigators and evidence seem to contradict his claims. Dig deeper into this case by checking out this Peabody Award-winning documentary.

4. "The Jinx"

This 6-part documentary produced by HBO will captivate you from the start and keep you on the edge of your seat until the very end. Robert Durst was and has been accused of a number of crimes, and the creators of this documentary delve into the witnesses and evidence while continually interviewing Durst himself. Watch until the groundbreaking end, you won't regret it.

5. "The Keepers"

Beloved nun Cathy Cesnik is murdered, and her body is found 2 months later. The authorities have never charged anyone for her killing, and it is under suspicious circumstances. You'll want to tune into this Netflix docuseries to find out the details of her killing and how it's connected to the Catholic high school's priest.

6. "The Central Park Five"

This case received national attention in 1989 when five Latino and black teenagers were wrongfully convicted of raping a white woman in Central Park. This documentary tells the story of these 5 boys and who ended up confessing to the crime.

7. "The Imposter"

In a wild chain of events, this documentary details the case of a 14-year-old boy who goes missing in Texas and shows up 3 years later. The twist? It's not actually the boy who went missing who shows back up. You'll want to watch every minute of this thrilling series of trickster events.

Dive deep into a true crime hole with these gripping, entertaining true crime documentaries. You won't want to miss out!