7 Major Hacks For Surviving Sorority Recruitment This Fall

You will end up where you are supposed to be.

18

With sorority recruitment just around the corner, I would like to share some tips for all of you incoming freshmen that will be participating. This is a week (or two if your school is more intense) that can either be the best or the worst. Here are just a few reminders to ensure that the week is not the worst.

1. Bring a portable fan.

2. Oil blotting sheets and body spray are a must.

Half of the time is spent talking to the girls and the other half is spent running to each house. In August, it gets extremely hot, making oil blotting sheets and body spray key essentials.

3. Stay hydrated.

It is so easy to get caught up in the moment and not think about something as simple as drinking water. But with all of the running around you are going to be doing, it is super important to stay hydrated.

4. Remain positive.

As you continue on this process of choosing your "home," sororities will drop you and it takes a toll on your ego. Do not let that deflate it. You only need one sorority.

5. Always look and sound interested in every conversation.

Even if there is absolutely no way you would ever join that sorority, you still need to try in your conversations. You are talking to real people and it hurts their feelings when they can tell you clearly don't want to be there.

6. Don't talk to over girls about how you felt about each house.

The whole of point recruitment is being able to choose the right house for you, not the girl who stood in front of you in line. You can't let others sway your views because this will only make your decision harder.

7. Do not let it stress you out. 

During this week, my recruitment counselor would always tell me that everything will work out the way it is supposed to. I can confirm that she was right. You will end up where you are supposed to be. Do not get stressed out because it isn't worth it in the end.

Good luck to everyone rushing this fall!